Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

So last week on Tuesday I runned 12 km after work and then on Thursday I had an leg workout at gym. Somewhere in between or after that leg workout I noticed some problems with my feet joints. Later it got worse. Have a little difficulty to walk lately, but I think it is getting better. Skipped leg workout yesterday, instead did an upper body. Had little easy 2k today.

2 Likes

Is seeing the doctor possible? I would be concerned if I was having trouble walking :grimacing:

1 Like

Nah it’s nothing serious. It’s my bad english. I googled the word. I need to say: to limp. All good :+1:

2 Likes

Last weekends half marathon :man_running:

6 Likes

October’s Half Marathon… Done!

It says PR, but I’m not so sure. If it isn’t, it’s within a few seconds. This trail was great, I was not expecting this. Signed up for Madison, WI next month. Then it’s time to head south for some races!

3 Likes

I have my Halloween 15k next Saturday. Got my costume picked out and feeling ready :ghost::jack_o_lantern::running_woman:t2:

Very nice running!! @TheWolf @Gorden :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Excellent! Yeah, we were supposed to have a Halloween race up here, but it was cancelled. I love those!

1 Like

I think it will be a small event cause it’s the first one here in my town but I don’t have to travel so that’s nice :joy: I looked at the route and part of it is on my trail I already run. Makes me feel comfortable knowing a good portion of the route

1 Like

5k sunday :confetti_ball::running_woman:t2::heart: I’m starting to understand why people run a mile before trying to get a Pr. It takes me 1 or so to feel warmed up. Only goal today was to get it done

4 Likes

My feet still not recovered. I assuming the tendons got overtrained and then my weak joint got inflamed. It’s getting better.
Weather getting colder. Wind is strong. We got a storm this night. Lot’s of fallen trees all around.

2 Likes

Y’all see this? World record made at the Chicago Marathon. He finished in 2 hours and 35 seconds :exploding_head:

4 Likes

It’s just mind blowing to me how they can keep that pace up for 2 hours. I’m relatively sure I couldn’t do ONE lap on a standard track at that pace anymore. 200M? 100M!?! Actually, that gives me an idea for my next test of myself.:slightly_smiling_face:

I saw something one time where they had a treadmill (a bouncy, “safe” one) set at world record marathon pace. People could try it out. Most were falling down after a few steps.

3 Likes

My fastest mile I’ve gotten is 9:50. I can’t imagine doing a mile in half that time and then doing it 25 more times. That endurance is just mind blowing to me

4 Likes

Perfect weather, good mood, nice views, interesting podcast…
Very satisfying run :relieved:

4 Likes

That was good stuff. Nice negatives, then a little walk break in mile 5. Feeling ready for my 15k this weekend

Edit- :sob::sob: My Halloween race just got canceled :disappointed: I am not having good luck with races this year

1 Like

7 years ago I was getting ready for my very first 5k. I was still a heavy cigarette smoker but my friend talked me into it. It’s nice to be reminded where I started to give me appreciation for where I am now

2 Likes

Ahh, good ol’ Planet Fitness. I have had two memberships there over the years. I bounce around a lot. I was at a very nice, local one for about a decade. Now I am at Crunch Fitness (Planet Fitness’ long lost cousin :laughing:). I mostly go for the treadmills and the group fitness classes. Serves the purpose so far.

Thanks for the reminder on the PF treadmills. I spilled a lot of sweat on those!

1 Like

Question for those of you that use Strava:

Is there a way for it to tell you your overall pace when it announces the updates? Mine just tells me my overall time, the last mile (or the split mile pace if I am halfway through a mile). I used to use MapMyRun and it would give me my overall pace everything it gave me an update. I can usually do the math in my head just fine on Strave, but, when I really need to know it is toward the end of a race. Unfortunately, I am usually in the delirious phase at that point and am just trying to not pass out!

I can’t seem to find it in the settings. I am not a paying member though, so maybe it’s not available to me?

Are you just using strava? I use my watch and look at it during my run. I use to record straight from strava and I don’t remember it announcing the pace

Just Strava. I have the app running in “Record” when I run. It records the run and I have it set to yell out stats at me every mile. It’s nice, i don’t have to look at anything. It chimes in over my podcast or music. I also have my interval timer blaring out alarms periodically telling me to run or walk. Yeah, there’s a lot going on in my earbuds😆.

A special bonus is when all three apps are playing at once!

2 Likes