Runner's log

Thats amazing. I really dig this post/topic. I might have to partake

2 Likes

This may seem more like a hike than a run, but itā€™s actually all about elevation gainā€¦I logged 3000 feet vertical gain this am, during 16 hill repetitions, fast paced hike up the hill and fast running down with a 10lb pack.

4 Likes

I ran a pitiful mile yesterday. First run in almost a month due to my aching foot. Iā€™m going to try and ease back into to it to avoid reinjury. I didnā€™t hurt yesterday so thatā€™s a plus. Hopefully I can regain my fitness and tackle my goal of a sub 20 min 5k this year.

4 Likes

3.25 miles jogged in 60
7.25 miles biked in 30

@Spartan_Chris im still looking for an obstacle course type workout or training course in my city. No luck so far. Plus the blistering cold makes jogging outside a pain in the ass.

3 Likes

3 Likes

You at least got in some mileage though! So hereā€™s a free plan that Spartan races offer. Itā€™s largely body weight based and can be tailored to your individual needs. I dont do any group training programs, so I wouldnā€™t know where to start with recommendations. I know CrossFit gyms and Lifetime Fitness have started offering OCR prep training at some locations. I gotta warn you though, running in the bitter cold will be no excuse when you start talking with people in the racing subculture - they are running one in the snow at Greek Peak in New York tomorrow. :grin:

Just run a search for Spartan Elements Training Plan and you will find their year long program.

1 Like

@Spartan_Chris thank you man.
I also know it is no excuse. I certainly wont mind running in it once im more confident in my distance running.
I signed up for the race in Chicago in November!!!
Which granted is a ways away, I am nevertheless excited as a mother fink lol

1 Like

Niiiice!!!
Where ya from?
Is this your normal nightly ride??

Syracuse. I normally ride to and from meetings or just take random rides. I just fixed my bike last night and wanted to take it out before the snow hit today.

Niiiice. :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Good job on the 9miles.
Def AGL

For my next trick Iā€™m going to try to draw things with my route track.

Now that is BAD ASS!!!
Especially if you get to that point where it starts looking like crop circles lmao

1 Like

Although I love running with my dog, I sure can move a lot faster without him :wink: :muscle:

5 Likes

I have that app! Strava is cool too

1 Like

Thanks! Just downloaded Strava will check it out

10 miles this morning-Iā€™m exhaustedā€¦thatā€™s the farthest Iā€™ve ever ran before

1 Like

5 miles this morning, going to do 2 miles this evening with the puppers.

惘(^_^)惘

4 Likes

Niiice!!
I been sleeping on the gym.
Iā€™m gonna get in probably 5 or 6 miles tonight before the sun goes down

1 Like