Running in Recovery in 2024

That’s good to know. It’s says it’s waterproof and has a swim setting to record but electronics mixing with water just doesn’t make sense in my brain lol

1 Like

Well, geez, you have quite a plan of attack! I did not and learned everything the hard way!

1 Like

Jen, during my two bouts of PF I had Dr foot insoles in every single pair of shoes… High arch support. Swimming and cycling are superb suggestions. Good luck, thinking of you.

2 Likes

I’ve got a great work out routine going & planned on running this week. I’ve always wanted to do a 5k & there’s a good one on mother’s day. But, my heel & now the arch of my foot are preventing that. Frustrating! I know it will get better with stretching, ice, massages, etc but :weary:
Thanks for letting me vent!

2 Likes

C25k week 2 run 3 done this morning before work. Tight hip flexors and a but of a niggle in the knee… pretty standard for when im running. Plantar fasciitis is feeling ok though so thats the main thing

5 Likes

d3f8ee2027d996eebe19c63b3f609761d3ab4f9eIMG_20240203_161128

20240203_174254

4 Likes

Ran a nice six miles today at a 10:15 mile pace; the sky is blue, the wind was brisk, and there were many cyclists out to avoid! Haha

Hope everyone is well!

5 Likes

I NEEDED some running endorphins today. I went out for just a mile to see how my foot was and I ended up going around the block :face_with_hand_over_mouth: My foot is a bit sore now but it was fine during

2 Likes

“Just happened to run a 5k….” - LOL well played :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicely done though - clearly the stretching and effort are working on your tootsies!!!

1 Like

Yes, it has been good but I was starting to go into a depression spiral. There was minimum discomfort during the run but now after I walked the doggos and went grocery shopping I have some pain. I’ll do the iced water bottle on it and make such to stretch it out this afternoon.

2 Likes

How did swimming work out for you??

I punked out. I was suppose to go friday but I ended up sleeping in which threw my entire morning routine off so I didn’t. Then I was sick over the weekend. I took tomorrow off for a mental health day so I’ll go up and check it out. I’m a decent swimmer and I like swimming but I’m not big on people and the recreation center is full of those :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: 100%!!!

1 Like

I made an appointment for a “sports” massage on monday. The guy I talked to said it’s different than a regular one because they focus on the trouble area and the attaching joints. I had multiple people recommend that in my runner groups on FB.

2 Likes

Week3 run1 c25k. PF in foot is going good. Having tightness in my hip flexor and back. Probably not running related. I think I need to implement a daily stretching routine.

2 Likes

I disliked people when I drank…and even less so now that I’m sober…

Hope you are on the mend soon

3 Likes

I think I read that wrong; I have no patience for idiots and mean people now more than ever! That probably comes with my age too, :smirk:

2 Likes

You read my comment correctly…I dislike people

Last weekend pedestrian kicked my car at an intersection…

• I got out of my car to see wtf was up with buddy?

• buddy pedestrian kicks me once (lol) and tried for a second time…he only stopped because I was holding his foot up in the air and wouldn’t let it go(lol)…buddy pedestrian is now hopping…and thats when, all of a sudden his cat jumped off his shoulder…lol

I dislike idiots, meanies and just added to the list “Cat People”…so pretty much everyone…most people just disappoint…

3 Likes

I don’t know what’s in the water where you live, but the cat pirate clearly got what he deserves

1 Like