Running in Recovery in 2024

Thats what i was wondering too!

GIF_20240324_141800_247

7 Likes

Early morning sunday running is back. It’s my favorite time to run! It’s so quite and peaceful and generally no traffic. I have missed my sunday runs so much :running_woman:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Sooo i think i have Achilles tendonitis :frowning: pain at the back of my heel. Doctor google says tendinitus and inflammation from increasing running intensity :frowning: well i took an anti-inflammatory and will see if im better by next weekend. The damn addict behavior in me…i want more, i want better run times…im sure some of you can relate

3 Likes

aww man :cry: Get some RICE going (rest, ice, compression and elevation) I’d also google stretches/ strength exercises for your achilles/calves.

I follow a lady Meg Takacs on instagram and she has a ton of useful videos and exercises to help with injury prevention. I’ve made a few workouts out of her videos by adding the exercises together.

2 Likes

Yea instagram is good for getting a bit of guidance without having to go to a physio. Just search your injury and boom got a bunch of demo videos of exercises

2 Likes

My leg developed a crazy pain while running that ran to my hip so I stopped and walked back

4 Likes

Oh no!! You doing ok now??

2 Likes

Yes thankfully. It usually starts around the 3 mile mark and radiates from my hip down my entire right leg. It subsides after I walk it off. It’s super odd.

1 Like

Todays run. As you guys can see I’m limited to 3 miles now I don’t know what’s going on with my legs. I’m gonna go get them checked out because the pain is excruciating. I start basically waddling after 3 miles now.

1 Like

Sounds like an IT band issue. I’m glad you are gonna get checked out

1 Like

Like @Runningfree said, sounds like IT band. I’ve previously had it start mid thigh and radiate down. Currently dealing with a flare up that originates and stays on the upper lateral knee, IT related. My IT problems are always on my left leg.

2 Likes

I looked it up and I’m pretty convinced you both are right. @Runningfree @MrFantastik I’m going to have my doc confirm and figure out the best course of action. It sucks because running is pretty therapeutic for me and now I may have to abstain for a while.

2 Likes

You will probably have to abstain for a while. Probably just a few weeks though. Strengthening your hip flexors will help a ton. When I had it I went to a place that did a fascia tissue release. The guy took his thumb and dug into my hip and went down the side of my leg. It was so painful, like at one point I was cussing from the pain. I haven’t had issues with it since then

1 Like

Focusing your energy on strengthening those hips and stretching your hip flexors can also be a good therapeutic outlet!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

1 Like

Some beautifully paced run intervals :confetti_ball::partying_face::running_woman:t2: Getting close to a 5k distance. Once I finish this recovery program I’m thinking about starting 5k sunday back up

3 Likes

Feeling a little gypped today :frowning: There was 1 less run interval than there have been but I didn’t push. I did what the plan said, even though I wanted more

2 Likes

Turns out I just needed to stretch before running. This run was painless and pretty enjoyable.

3 Likes

Glad it turned out to be…age….hahaha

Makes me think back to my 20s when I could wake up and knock out a 5k like it was no big deal…not anymore….

2 Likes

Man got back into the gym today after a week of anti inflammitories after agitating my Achilles running and f’d up my Achilles again :frowning:

1 Like