Running in Recovery in 2024

Ran 43 minutes today! Yet again forgot to press start on the watch. But felt nice and steady.

7 Likes

I want to get back into running and started to do walking/jogging/trotting workouts about two weeks ago. I wouldn’t call it running what I do, but I managed to keep ‘trotting’ and not walking for 30min today and as such count this as my first steps into running.
I use the ZombiesRun app to keep motivated.

9 Likes

That sounds like a fun app! Is someone yelling at you in your headphones that you are about to get eaten lol

Sometimes yes, it means you are supposed to run faster. Other than that it tells a story in episodes while you run.

4 Likes

Not too shabby. Easy long run today. My body felt good and I was good mentally too. Had some walk breaks but ran for most of the time

7 Likes

I love this!! What a great perspective :slight_smile:

1 Like

I LOVE the asic gt 2000s for my long runs. My current ones are past 6 months so I went looking for a new pair. Got these on sale for $60 :confetti_ball::partying_face::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

28F with a wind chill to 19 :cold_face::cold_face: I had a serious mental struggle in mile 2 but got my 5k done. Back at 5k sunday, this is week 3

3 Likes

Awesome shoes for an amazing price!! My SOC (shoe of choice!!!) is New Balance 880; I used to love Brooks Ghost until they changed the toe box :crazy_face:

Ran a nice 10k today - even though there was a bit of drizzle around mile 3, it cleared up and was comfortable. Also got to see a large flock of birds move as a unit as I ran by - isn’t it amazing how they can move as one, without communication we understand?!

4 Likes

Ran the race today :running_woman: :trophy: ! It was cold (3 degrees) and windy but finished the 5k in 33.02, which is a pretty good pace for me.

5 Likes

:tada: Congratulations!!! :confetti_ball: great time in challenging conditions!!!

1 Like

Tuesday is interval day but it was so very cold this morning I couldn’t get in the mood to run. I ended up doing a quick run on my lunch break

@Misokatsu Great job on your race!!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Long run done :white_check_mark: first time trying out the new vest. I like the way it fits but once I pull the bottles out for a drink they are a bit hard to get back in. Also my first time trying the waffle thing. It was good. It was very hard but I’m not sure if that’s cause it froze while I was running :joy:

2 Likes

Those spilts look so pretty :heart_eyes:

Editing to add my run today. I can’t post anymore since I did the last 3 :sob: Where all the runners go

Got my interval work done in this cold weather and it felt pretty good.

3 Likes

My time off and rehab is paying off. I am back to considering 5k a long run, but at this point that maybe more mental, as so much of running is. I’ve signed up for the winter series, a race in each of January, February and March. All on the bike path, nice and flat but open to the winds coming over the Adirondacks and across the lake.

My times are embarrassing, All over 11:00 per mile. And I’m up about 20 pounds from normal, 30 over race weight. But coming from a whole season off, there’s nowhere to go but better times and less weight.

5 Likes

Your times are only embarrassing to you :wink:
11 minute miles is fast to me. I like getting under 11 minute miles but it doesn’t happen often for me. I’m glad you pt is helping :confetti_ball::confetti_ball: I’m excited for your races!

3 Likes

After my official race motivation took a nosedive but I got out today. My daughter has nicked my smartwatch so I have no idea of the length, but did my usual route so around 5k I guess. How to keep motivated to keep doing the runs when there isn’t a goal like finishing c25k or a race?

3 Likes

I have a weekly, monthly and yearly goal to keep me going. I have a race coming up in March and I might do one in the fall too. I don’t participate in a ton of races because they have gotten so very expensive but I like to do at least 1 a year to give me something to look forward to.

3 Likes

20240117_171839

4 Likes

Respect for running that long in that cold! :scream::cold_face::scream:

1 Like