Running in Recovery in 2024

Good run today! Ran for 7 :muscle: songs, walked a song, ran for three, walked a song, ran for another three. The watch said my speed was 7.0something a km, and I am usually around 7.2 so that was a nice surprise. Just felt good today, was picking my knees up rather than slogging along like it feels like sometimes (most of the time).

9 Likes

I was doing really good the first 4 miles. Nice and consistent pace. Then I took some walk/snack/water breaks and tried to go again. I have trouble getting started again. Made it a mile longer than my last long run though. Feeling grateful to my body for going almost 8 miles today

6 Likes

New shoes!!! :tada::running_woman:t2::heart: These are a different model than I currently have. I was asking about shoes on a different fitness app and I had a running coach recommend these so gonna give them a go.

9 Likes

Ooohhh I like!

2 Likes

Whats the brand/model?

2 Likes

Hit some negatives for this 5k sunday :tada::running_woman:t2::heart:

@Cjp they are asics gel-nimbus

3 Likes

Sweet! That used to be my go to shoe. I still keep one in the rotation.

New shoe day never gets old!

3 Likes

Had a good feeling run today. Watch says it was nearly 7km, pace was slow, but will take it. Thighs aching right now!

6 Likes

Struggle bus run this morning. The new shoes I got are not for me at all. They will be downgraded to walking shoes. By the end of this run my feet and my shin on my left leg were hurting so bad.

5 Likes

I was very happy with this yesterday afternoon

4 Likes

Sunrise was beautiful today!

6 Likes

Hey guys! I took up running a few months ago after some boredom in the gym and a realisation that my hate for cardio probably meant I should become friends with cardio. My husband and I have caught the running bug which has been really nice to work on together and separately.
I’ve been working on increasing my distance, and got my longest run in today, 6kms! Quite chuffed with myself for becoming one with the suffering :joy: I was going to add my stats but I’m slow af atm haha.
Anyway I’m in the sober running gang now :running_woman::heartbeat:

9 Likes

Lol love this

Im hoping to run a 6k soon!

6 Likes

Any pace is better than the couch pace :blush:

Great job on becoming one with the suffering :joy: I love that you and your hubs are doing it together!!

6 Likes

Good run with some steep hills at 5 am to get rid of some frustrations.:+1:t2:

8 Likes

5K sunday :white_check_mark::white_check_mark: I did not eat enough food yesterday. My body felt gassed from the get go

5 Likes

661 steps remaining!
(graphic / visual with arrows is from earlier :innocent:)

7 Likes

Slowly getting there

7 Likes

I love running, but I got out of the habit when I got out of the army 15 years ago…

Fast forward to now and I’m back running and am averaging mid 9 minute miles for three and a half miles. I generally keep my heart rate up to about 170-175bpm during the runs.

I’m pleased.

11 Likes

Training plan called for easy pace run and this was a very enjoyable pace. My body felt good, breathing easy. Overall just a feel good run!!!

5 Likes