Running in Recovery in 2024

That’s just the right advice. No running until my blisters have all gone!! Ouch!! :joy:

1 Like

It is still an amazing achievement! :muscle:t2::+1:t2:

The terrain looks challenging and interesting at the same time. I would gladly take part if I had the endurance.

2 Likes

13 Likes

I had a nice run yesterday morning. My legs are a little bit sore because of the inclines. But it is worth it.

7 Likes

Congratulations! Nicely done!:running_woman:t3:

1 Like

Good effort! Top Gun medal too!

1 Like

Mile 1- I don’t really want to do this,
so not in the mood
Mile 2- well now I gotta at least get home
Mile 3- this isn’t too bad anymore
Mile 4- snackie and water break, I can keep going
Mile 5- feeling strong
Mile 6- I’m over this :joy:

This was a roller coaster. I think I’m going to take this coming week off running. My legs are tired and sore. My calves, hamstrings, quads. They all had shit to say during this run

6 Likes

It always takes a while to get into a run, doesn’t it? :+1::+1:

It’s good that you can let yourself have a break.

2 Likes

Normally I’m roaring to go for a run. I know I gotta get through the struggle runs though. They are good for the mental mindset.

1 Like

I hear you. You’ll find your balance. I like to mix it up with step aerobics and sometimes just dancing around!! It all helps :+1::+1::+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

7 Likes

My first run after injury. All fine, no pain at all and I hope it will stay this way. I am so so so happy :slight_smile:

Took it very easy so I’m very surprised about the tempo.
I missed running so much :blue_heart:

11 Likes

What a feeling to come back strong from injury!

1 Like

Starting a half marathon plan :confetti_ball: I still have a few runs left on the 10k plan I started but I’ll just run them both over the next week. Like start each plan for the same run. I feel good with the 10k distance but I don’t want to not finish the plan if that makes sense. Today was a benchmark run for garmin. Only 9 minutes long lol

5 Likes

Is this in preparation for the trail run? That is a half, right?

1 Like

Naw. the trail run is just 9.5 miles. This is just to get back to where I was pre plantar fasciitis. I’m trying to be smart and play it safe. I have that half in december but I’m trying to decide if I’m gonna go. It’s a hell of a drive and expensive if I fly and rent a car.

3 Likes

Did some trail running this morning and used your new shoes, @Runningfree Jennifer.:wink: They are really good for rough terrain.:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Mine will be delivered today :confetti_ball::confetti_ball: I’ll probably give them a go on thursday (my next running day)

2 Likes

I am looking forward to reading your report.:wink:

1 Like

Prediction: You do the Half in December. :laughing:

4 Likes