Second time trying to alcohol detox

I’ve just stopped drinking alcohol for the second time. I’ve been drinking wine every night for the past 7 years. Im on day 3 now and am getting an itchy feeling on my scalp and skin. My blood pressure has also risen. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you

4 Likes

We’ve each had a variety of withdrawal or detox symptoms. Yours do not sound unusual. The fluctuating blood pressure might be worth a check in with your doctor or urgent care.

Well done on your 3 days! Days 3-8 were critical for me, they tested my resolve and my sobriety skills. I would start feeling human again around 3 days and then that sneaky thinking would start up again. It helped me to take positive action during that time. When I got sober, I made a call and a visit to my doctor in the first week for a script for Antabuse, and I made an appointment with a counselor as well. The thread below has many ideas that folks have used to get and stay sober. I’m sure something in it can work for you.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
And congratulations on your 3 days.

Withdrawal is no joke and can flat out feel awful. If you are worried, please check with your doctor, especially heart related issues. Its always good to have a trained eye on the symptoms and opens up some good conversations for further help and resources staying sober. Congrats on your 3 days!