Self harm relapse :(

My name is Letty, I’m 16 and recently relapsed. I have been feeling so alone as I have no friends on or offline and I’m hoping that maybe I can find some motivation to help get away from the suicidal and harming thoughts through this app :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Welcome Letty! Im Dana. Nice to meet you :blush: Wonderful people on TS. Hope you find it useful! We are all in this one day at a time.

1 Like

Thank you so much Dana, I’m hoping it will be good to have support x

1 Like

I dont have many friends either where I live. Moved here 6 years ago and just work and try to be clean and sober. This app is wonderful for support. I think you will find it very useful!

1 Like

Hi Letty, welcome! It’s nice meeting you and I’m sure as you look around here you’ll find what you’re looking for. Lotsa good folks here everywhere from their teens up to their 70s and beyond.

Self harm comes up regularly (search “self harm” above & you’ll find a bunch of threads). There are recovery programs devoted to self-harm recovery:

There is an informative UK government page about self harm resources (there are many similar ones in the States and many other countries):

The important thing to remember is: you’re a good person Letty. You deserve to belong, in a way that works for you. You deserve a safe space where you can develop a better understanding of yourself in the world. And you deserve to care about yourself and your health and well-being.

Take care and never, ever give up. You have a life and it matters. It’s unique and it will surprise you (lotsa ups and downs). But it is yours. Make it everything it can be :innocent:

5 Likes

Welcome Letty, I have struggled with this as well. You will find tons of information here and great people you can reach out to!. Take care!

3 Likes

Welcome. There are a lot of people here who are friendly and welcoming. I know how hard it is to reach out and you’ve made a first step by making this post. Take part in the threads and when you find people you feel comfortable with, reach out to them if you want/need. Also please do check out the links @Matt posted. You’re not alone.

2 Likes

Hi Letty and a warm welcome to you :heart:
16 is a difficult age, at least it was for me :hugs:
Do you have someone to talk about this in real life? Like your parents ore someone at school like a couselor? You may consider talking to your doctor? Maybe he can be of help so you don’t have to feel this depressed.
Just think about it…
No pressure.

2 Likes

Hi there. Plenty of people here (including me) have struggled with sh, so please don’t feel alone. Are u living at home? In education? I didn’t have many friends at that age, but when I got older, moved out, went to uni or got a job, I could meet more people. I also think getting professional help is good. Are there any services at ur school?

2 Likes

I’m not in the habit of advising 16 year old girls as I’m just some old twat who is out of touch with reality but In this age of social media bullshit I just want you to know this is not FB or snap chat, when you want help, love and friendship you will always find it here. You will never be judged only listened to and given words of encouragement. Now doesn’t that sound like a nice world to live. Use the search bar if you want more specific advice or just come along for the ride and check everyone out.

4 Likes

Hi Letty! I’m Jayme.
This forum has been so much help to me, I hope you find it to be just as great for you.
I have struggled with this too, aswell as a handful of other issues, and I’ve found this community to be full of inspiration and love.
I’ve lost alot of friends through my journey of recovery, it feels lonely some times, but I remember this time in my life is about me and getting myself better. Learning to love myself so I can love others.
You’ve got this :muscle:

2 Likes

Wow. Thank you so so much to everyone who has responded, I’ve never had this kind of support as only about 3 people in real life know what I’m going through (or rather putting myself through) and usually they aren’t particularly concerned.
Unfortunately college counsellors in my area are notoriously bad and as I cannot drive I cannot go anywhere by myself (I live in the middle of nowhere). I would have to go by myself as my parents and sister do not know and I don’t plan on telling them anytime soon.
Also, this seems a bit weird but oh well haha, if there is anyone around my age (16-18) that would want to be like online friends? This loneliness seems to be getting really tough. Its fine if not though.

Thank you so much again for your help with the articles and concern, it means a lot to have people care about you even if only for a second :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope your find people your age to connect with… That feeling of self hate is something at your age you shouldn’t be feeling. I promise you when your an old fart at my age you wished you’d worked out identifying your issues and work them out in a better healthy way. You deserve to live and you deserve not to harm yourself. Please reach out to your parents or your sister I know it may seem the worse thing to do but all good people who care about you would not want you feeling this way.
You are going through such a hormonal change where life for you esp in this shitty world we live in right now is not the end of your story it’s only the beginning…

Look through the mental health posts, find ways of grounding yourself it will get easier if you open up and talk instead of keeping that fireball inside thinking it is best to damage oneself.
Be kind to your body you have only have one x

3 Likes

Hey, Letty! I am sixteen as well and I understand where you are coming from when it comes to self harm. If it’s alright with you, I would love to be a friend for you to reach out to! I know that this was a week ago, but if you are still looking, I’m right here if you wanna talk. :heart:

2 Likes