September pushup challenge

So, join me for the September pushup challenge.

I just want to emphasise that this is most probably no challenge for the athletes (male or female) here. With that I mean it is maybe not motivating to post ‘day 1 finished’ with 100 pushups.

Feel free to modify, one armed, on the knees, against the wall, whatever.

I found the plank and atm wall sit challenge cool as it is a nice little reminder to keep on doing something one day at a time. Baby steps.

30 Likes

I will do it!

3 Likes

All do respect Franzi.
Fuck this :joy: :joy: :joy:

I just can’t do push ups. To much shoulder pain. Even with the adjustments my trainer gave me awhile back. It still hurts my shoulders to much to do it. If it hurts don’t do it she always told me. My shoulder is hurting right now thinking about it :joy:

12 Likes

In my younger days i used to do about 50 before i set of for work about 6,30 am and about 50 sit ups that was me ready for the day , had a 2 mile walk to the station then a further mile walk to my work, got home at night had aquick work out then my dinner then walked 4 miles to a meeting then after meeting ran home , and at weekends went to the gym sat and sundays , That was over 30 years ago now O to be young again keep on trucking

8 Likes

Im not sure why, but everytime I read your posts, I read it with a thick and heavy Scottish accent in my mind lol

10 Likes

I’m willing to try and keep myself engaged. It’s difficult to keep focus with an addiction and this may very well keep me well on my way.

2 Likes

I like it. Will join. Maybe just behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Push-ups are a great exercise you can do anywhere.
I hate doing them, but I hate not being able to do them more… Which is why I do them. Make sense?

I encourage anyone who’s never done them to jump into this challenge. After a serious accident and recovery I couldn’t even do a single push-up on my knees so know what it’s like to start from the bottom rung of the ladder. You can do this! And you’ll feel better for it :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

@Girlinterrupted’s going to crush this one :joy:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ll join! Not sure I’ll be making 50 straight, but count me in :muscle:

Thanks @AyBee :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

You already know @anon74766472 I’m so in! I’ll modify how I need but I’m ready!!!

3 Likes

I just heard of this hack yesterday and definitely wanted to share it. I tried to find a gif, but could not.

Apparently it’s supposed to work better with fabric bands, but I just used what I already have to share with you guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And good lord what I have to do to make this file small enough to share :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

It’s me :)))
I was hoping to find a gif of someone else doing it. Cool little hack. I heard about it yesterday in a Facebook group. I don’t use an assist, but I might have to if I’m going to pull off 50 push-ups lol.

1 Like

Yep!
Today is a push-up day for me, so just after my alarm at 5am i dutifully went and did my first sets before doing my ironing, then second sets.
Now I’m here at work and feel all the better for doing them, even though i hate them.
I have a weird relationship with them
:joy:

3 Likes

This looks like fun. Count me in for the September challenge…:muscle::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

You ever do decline push-ups?

1 Like

Yes! I do them a few times per week, but not really high rep, just as part of my workout.

I also do one armed medicine ball push-ups, and sometimes vertical, but I don’t really have the wall space here.

1 Like

You’re a machine!

1 Like

I’m with you Eric on this one. Way too many shoulder injuries throughout my life @Dazercat My only contribution to this challenge could be helping someone keep count. LoL :joy:

3 Likes

Not quite, but thanks for making me feel badass lol