Share your hobbies

I was JUST noticing that too! Love them!

Do you follow any specific teams? My boyfriend and I have been hockey fans!

Reading is one of my resolutions too :blush: It has been easy enough while I’m off work, am going to make an effort to fit it into my routine when I’m back though (next week).

Currently reading a book called ‘the hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared’ which has been a good one to get going with, it’s quite easy going. Next on the list is White Teeth by Zadie Smith. We’ve got a super random collection of books from charity shops!

1 Like

I’m a season ticket holder at West Ham united football club and Harlequins Rugby. I do body pump twice a week and a bit of swimming. I also enjoy walking and do a couple of sponsored walks each year.

I love running! Do you run marathons?

1 Like

Do you have your sponsored walks planned in yet? I am planning on doing the Three Peaks Challenge in September - started a thread to log progress if you want to join in:

I’m not into football but my dad is a West Ham fan and my cousin’s always teased him for it :joy:

1 Like

I agree, I’ve done it before! I can do this again!!

Currently trying to teach myself bass guitar and it’s winter in NY so my :heart: of cycling is circumscribed…:sob::sob::sob:

Mine too lol. Never done anything but watch youtube videos. I wanted a hobby and got more than I bargained for but am thoroughly enjoying it

Hey, welcome to the forum. Noticed you joined today. You should post your story so we can get to know you better!

1 Like

These stitches (is that the correct word?) look perfect!

I have updated my profile and in the other chat a summary of why I am here

1 Like

Awesome! I also love to run. Ran one marathon. Wasnt a great experience. But, I do love half marathons. Great distance.

The chatrooms are frequently dead and unattended here. The forum is where most people reside. I might suggest creating your own Thread with your info you shared on the chat. More people will be able to connect with you that way.

Other than that, read the threads, comment and participate. There’s an awesome community here for people dedicated toward recovery.

Thanks for the info! I am using on the app so its kind of messy to navigate for me as I dont usually do much on social networks. I am training for the revels, I feel I owe it to myself because I was recently in a car wreck, I was hit and it took a lot from me including my ability to run long distance. What was difficult for you with the marathon you ran?

I’ll continue this convo with you in another thread since it’s getting derailed a bit.

Thanks! Gotta love Amazon

Thanks! Yep they are stitches. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

These are so great, I love my sport, soccer, tennis, golf and watch sport all the time. I want to start a veggie garden this year too. Anyone tried kundilini yoga? Heard it’s great!

I loved sewing before all this alcohol shit started. I also loved to do paintings, knit or crochet.

@siand hi, yes I have two booked in. The Isle of Wight challenge in May for Mind charity and 60 miles through Normandy for the British legion. I’ve never done the 3 peaks but always fancied it. It might be a bit much to do 3 events this year as it tends to be the same people that sponsor me each time. Good lick though and I shall certainly follow your progress!