Share your hobbies

I have tried running a few times but can’t get into it. It’s quite hilly where I live, it makes it too hard and I’m a wimp :joy:

Not tried D&D, it sounds quite complicated?

2 Likes

Theres always treadmill to get started.

I play a branch of D&D called Pathfinder. It’s pretty rules heavy, but if you’re with a good Game Master, they walk you through the game without having to know everything. Knowing the rules is more for the person running the game than the other players. It’s just fun to sit around with friends and go on an adventure while eating chips and drinking soda.

3 Likes

All the activities you named are things im really interested in doing. I need to get out of my viscous cycle and start. I was supposed to go to a yoga class and reiki session last night. I had a brand new yoga mat i was proud of and was excited to go. I instead sat home and used until 4 am. I laid in bed and started searching the app store and found this…i hope it helps! Thanks for sharing and i hope i can find the strength to move forward and in a positive direction.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you’re wanting to start playing D&D! :joy:

1 Like

Lifting, running, playing soccer, collecting & listening to records, gardening, spending time with my dogs exploring

5 Likes

It was runnin away real life by watching movies but now writing my own sobriety story. Hopefully🙏🏼

3 Likes

Before you dive into new hobbies I suggest you dive into recovery. Hobbies are good to occupy your time once you are clean, but they aren’t going to get you clean. When I got out of rehab my hobbies we’re outpatient and going to meetings. Once I got stable and made sober friends then I expanded my recovery into the hobbies that I have now

8 Likes

Don’t know if any of this stuff might be helpful to you:

4 Likes

My hobby is taboo to talk about on TS. Other than that, I love to read, and do anything outdoors.

4 Likes

Where do you collect cast iron? And what do you do with it once you’ve collected it?

Ooh that makes me so curious but obvs won’t push it if it’s inappropriate!

I have fallen out of the habit of reading. I spend too much time on my phone which is a bit depressing. I’m such a millenial :see_no_evil:

Although I did start a book on holiday and have left it on my bedside table and dipped into it a little bit. I might go to bed (it’s 9pm here so I think that’s borderline acceptable) and have a proper read!

Do you have a particular genre that you’re into or are you just a bibliophile?

It isnt inappropeiate… just not acceptable to be talked about…lol

I will read just about what I can get my hands on

2 Likes

I’m taking tap dance lessons. Have always wanted to learn to dance.
And I’m learning how to quilt. Rag quilts are the easiest.

4 Likes

I’m with ya brother. Love the smell of cordite.

1 Like

MMA, football and Tennis

2 Likes

Kickboxing and fitness although it has been on hold for the last two months

1 Like

I also love to read. We have a thread for that too.
Www.talkingsober.com/t/the_high_fantasy_reading_thread

1 Like

I enjoy amateur radio and I play WoW.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to take tap! I’ve been convinced I would be very good at it. Nevermind that i’m 49. How is it?

3 Likes

Photography is my hobby or you could call it my love

11 Likes