Sharing some good news!

I have wanted to adopt a dog for years now and it was never the right time. With my drinking and mental health the way they were it just wasnt responsible.
After being sober for almost 90 days and more intensive therapy it was finally time! Long talks with therapists and family concluded that I was ready for the responsibility and that I could even benefit from a fuzzy friend.
With all my pride and joy I would like to introduce Genos (named after a character from One Punch Man). He is a 9 month old rescue from Romania and he is a total loony toon. Little insecure but we’re working on that together. I’m up and walking three times a day instead of being on the couch all day. He loves his walks and meeting other dogs and so do I :slight_smile: can see our confidence growing with every positive experience!
What about you guys? Did your pets motivate you and enrich your lives? Or are you maybe working towards being a pet owner?
Hope everyone is doing well and taking good care of themselves! Lots of love from the Netherlands :blue_heart:

35 Likes

I got my little girl when I was 6 months sober.
She comes to work with me and we’ve been walking and wild camping together.

18 Likes

Look at that faaaaace :heart: :heart: :heart:
Sounds like you two have a good life! We’re hoping to take our boy to the highlands next year for hikes and walkies. For now he will have to make due with the Dutch “wilderness”
Take care cuties :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love reading this post congratulations on your sobriety and being a new fur parent. I rescued my dog teddy last October he’s the best boy in the world to me ! He helps me getting out each day and bring so much joy to my life xxx

4 Likes

That’s so great, it sounds like you worked hard and you deserve him…congrats!! I have two rescues and they absolutely enrich my life.
Just like you said, they get me out and walking. We do 3 or 4 miles a day when it isn’t summertime and too hot for them.

1 Like

AHH now there’s a companion for life he’s now your therapist,your best friend,your partner in crime but most of all your most loyal supporter​:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

Awwww what a cute puppers. Lots of love for this guy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

wow, Suzanne, this made me emotional - in a good way! i’m so happy you have a new best friend :heart: dogs are the absolute best! he will be the best thing to ever happen to you.

i have an 11 year old rescue dog, named Pete. a rescued blind guinea pig, named GP. and a 4 year old retired race horse, named Samwise. :hugs:

1 Like

Well then I’m glad we have Teddy and Genos in our lives :grinning:

1 Like

Walking dogs is the best! I used to walk dogs for free just to experience that feeling of joy.
We’re luckily having a pretty cool summer here so far. Friday is gonna be hot so we’re spending it in the forest with running streams and shade everywhere

1 Like

Hahaha yes exactly!! My new buddy for adventures and laughs!! He is my fluffy goofball of joy :laughing::heart:

1 Like

Awwww your family pack sounds amazing!!! We also have a rescue cat who is 4 and a half and luckily they seem to be getting along okay so far. My partner and I dream of having a bit of land for more rescues, I’ve always loved horses and would love to adopt a few :heart:
Keep being your beautiful, animal loving self Claire :smile: your animals are lucky to have found you

1 Like

thank you, suzanne! :heart:

What a beautiful post. Congratulations on your new addition to your family Suzanne! I’m excited for you.

1 Like

Such a sweet face…:heart::hugs:

1 Like

What a great post! It sounds like you two will do good things for each other! Congratulations on finding such a great furry friend!

My cat absolutely enriches my life. She is one of the few things keeping me alive right now. She’s 18 and I’ve had her for 16 years. I keep joking that she’s old enough to have a job and should start paying rent.

1 Like

3 Likes

Your kitty sounds like a true partner in crime! And I agree! Get jobs you lazy pets xD our 17 yearold Persian was far too fancy to lift a claw of course. We’ve had cats for over 7 years now…always rescues. Currently we have Queen Nouchka Stinkyfeet who is 4 years old and thinks she rules the world. We bought a bench for the dog but she had other ideas, case and point:

2 Likes

Awww what a beauty! Reminds me of my old friend Herman. Cats are great :heart:

1 Like

Your Persian looks so soft I want to reach out and get a good pet in. Sounds like you have some fun furry friends in the house.

1 Like