Should I be worried

So when I was in active addiction I was shooting up heroin, I got a big bubble filled with blood clots and puss, it eventually exploded but by that time it was the size of a tennis ball. No, seriously, I swear it was :joy::expressionless:
It made a hole in my right front arm/chest area. I could legit look right into my insides.
It eventually grew skin and ‘healed’.
For the last two months or so I’ve been getting bad sharp pains almost like if I was being shocked right in that same spot. It itches like hell some days as well.

I’ve been trying to avoid going to the hospital because I’m scared of what it may be. But also, I’ve noticed that there’s like something trying to come out of it. :disappointed_relieved::no_mouth::fearful::scream:

HEEELLLLPPPPP

4 Likes

See a doctor. Its the only way to know for sure.

4 Likes

You could have a variety of different blood disorders as a result of the abscess. Many of those can be fatal if not treated. If I were you I wouldn’t be so cavalier in my attitude as it’s possible you are very sick

5 Likes

Time to head to the doctors and be honest. Get yourself healthy and healing. :heart:

4 Likes

You guys are scaring me :sob::disappointed_relieved::no_mouth:

Any ideas of what it possibly could be??

This is making me not wanna go even more tbh.

You need to go get checked out.

2 Likes

Would you rather we lie to you and tell you there’s nothing to worry about?

2 Likes

It could be any number of things from the abscess you had. The infection is likely still in there in some form and you need to get it taken care of. Please go to the doctors. Avoiding the doctors won’t help.

4 Likes

If you made it through being able to see your insides you can definitely make it through going to the doctors. Ignoring it won’t make it go away. You can do it :pray::sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

We aren’t doctors. We can’t offer medical advice. It maybe something that could be healed simply with antibiotics but you’ll never know asking a bunch of strangers on a message board.

4 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: I’ll make an appointment tomorrow if not go to the e.r.

Thanks y’all :blue_heart:

8 Likes

Please do. Better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

That’s a very good idea. I work with IV drug users and I’ve had 3 clients hospitalized this year due to infected abscesses. If they had taken care of it sooner some simple anti-biotics would have done the job. They had symptoms very similar to yours. Most likely it’s nothing serious but that’s not something you want to risk if it is

10 Likes

Sorry you’re battling this. It could be as easy as getting on some antibiotics. It just gets worse if you don’t handle it.

3 Likes

Sorry you’re afraid…we aren’t saying to go to the doctors to scare you, we’re saying it because its really the only way for you to know and to fix it! We aren’t equipped to answer these questions. A medical doctor is :blush:

5 Likes

Man this could be serious. We are not doctors here (maybe some). Please dont put your life at risk waiting from help on the internet, go seek professional help ASAP.

2 Likes

@MichelleBravo93 you should get this loved at asap as it could lead to sepsis which can be fatal . I’m not trying to scare your but it needs to be looked at by a professional, as others have said it may well be treatable with anti biotics but time could well be of the essence. :+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am not doctor but you might have an infection. If not treated is might lead to septicemia. If it stay local infection might destroy tissue or muscle. Some long time heroin addict have infection that leads to amputation. Be careful. Just go to hospital.

2 Likes

definitely go see a doctor. the longer you wait, the worse itll get :(( good luck!

2 Likes

Hey there. Just checking in… did you head to hospital/doctor yet? How’re you doing?

2 Likes