Sleep Aid remedy!

Clean diet, lots of exercise, meditation.

2 Likes

Oh yeah my wife used to give me sleepy tea when I drank to much forgot about that. Dont know how healthy that was but I forgot about that till just know.

1 Like

In my first few months of sobriety I saw a therapist instead of going the AA route and he said that OTC sleep aids would be perfectly fine and wouldn’t be an issue from an addiction standpoint. He had a doctorate but wasn’t a medical doctor just FYI.

Ok thanks I appreciate it mucho

1 Like

The exercises I’m trying but know everything hurts :rofl:

1 Like

Exercise and a hot shower before bed. Also a cat. Preferably an adopted shelter cat :cat2:.

Oh I love cats I love pot bull and German Shepherd too. I took a melotolian about a half hour ago have to it the strip at 2 am not excited about that. Were supposed to be on lockdown but Vegas is still closing stop and partying like normal. However that’s my job is delivering on the Las Vegas strip its frustrating now that I’m trying to be sober. But I keep saying At least I’m not on fire. Credit to DASINDOG

1 Like

I know this might sound cliché and it may seem easier said than done, but I highly recommend breathing techniques that are guaranteed to put you to sleep. I will look for an explained you tube video on it so you can watch it if you like. When you slow your breathing down and do a particular breathing exercise, it literally makes you start yawning and you get sleepy ! :trophy::innocent::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve had a lot of success with this too, and I’ve never been one for meditating or anything like that so I didn’t think it would do anything at first. It really does work though :+1:

1 Like

When I first got sober they were giving me vistaril an antihistamine to aid with sleep. And anxiety

I do not reccomend acetaminophen products due to the effects on the liver.

Some people like melatonin, I cahr take it it gives me anxiety, some people like sleepy time tea, other remedies

Honestly I learned something in sobriety, back to the basics start with your sleeping quarters is it set up for sleep. No distractions no bright lights etc.
Are you trying to go to bed around the same time daily? Also consider being more sedentary prior to going to bed no caffeine products. No cardio things that get you pumped up

Try doing a Google search on sleep hygiene I found a ton of articles that helped me during my quest for normal sleep. Now I’m working nights and I’m all messed up.

1 Like

Thanks for this information. Its spot on. I have had success with these supplements also. Its good information.

1 Like

I take magnesium citrate capsules. Relaxes me and helps me sleep.

Melatonin gave me horrible nightmares as well…

1 Like

Breath works is a great tool. 4-7-8 , box breathing, etc…

3 Likes

turn light off, put phone down.

April is right, breathing techniques have been so beneficial to me in controlling my anxiety and cravings, even symptoms of pain. I am sure it could help with sleep.

2 Likes

Try them out !

Huge help with anxiety. Stops or calms down panic attacks

1 Like

I tried melatonin once, bought it from piping rock as we can’t buy it in the UK. I noticed I had an itchy mouth and tongue about 30 seconds after the tablet touched my tongue. It made me a bit apprehensive about taking it again. It’s sat in my cuboard for a rainy day. Must be something in the ingredients that maybe I am sensitive to.

At the moment I am taking Ashwagandha, Vit D, multi vit and Taurine. The taurine has made a huge difference to my energy and mood. I’ve got a cupboard full of supplements, you name it its there but I won’t take too much because I’m still getting Digestive issues. Day 14 sober, binge drinker for 15 years

1 Like

What digestive issues you have