Slow cookers

Same. It just made me laugh to use that pic. :canned_food:

2 Likes

Yes. Tater Tots. Thing makes the best tater tots. I make Totchos, receipe courtesy of @C-sun.

I make the tots in the airfryer and cook them 2 extra minutes to make them extra crispy. Cover them with canned chilli, cheddar cheese sour cream, guacamole and sliced black olives. Family loves it.

2 Likes

Got an air fryer for Christmas. Love it

1 Like

I have one but I haven’t used it much since I got my Instant Pot!

2 Likes

I really love the smell building all day, though!

2 Likes

Yes, the IP has a slow cooker function if you really want to use it. My husband uses it sometimes still to make stews and soups :grinning:

1 Like

Because food is my preferred method of service to others, I have a plethora of slow cookers and roasters. I do not yet own an air fryer or Insta-pot. I am a late adopter - no doubt.

1 Like

Sous vide has replaced my slow cooker for a number of things. Right now boneless skinless chicken thighs with lemon zest, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, and a acacia honey, as is a thing of wings with some rub. Once the wings are done, a quick sear on the grill and sauced. The thighs will be used in fritattas for the week.

2 Likes

I used to use slow cookers all the time. I switched to a pressure cooker 3 years ago and have never gone back to the SC.

1 Like

I’ve been pining for an air fryer!

Yes. I use virgin olive oil cooking spray on stuff in the airfryer, but tater tots and fries are already lightly coated with oil right before freezing.

Never got the hang of a slow cooker. Seemed like a long time to wait for food that came out better for me in a pot
 Anyway, I love my Instant Pot !

2 Likes

I use mine at least once a week for my meal prep.

Sure, i’ll get on board with slow cookers :slight_smile: Shepherds/cottage pie both come out great. I have a great recipe for both if anyone wants it. Also for slow cookers try

Bolognese/Ragout
Chicken Chasseur
Coq-au-Vin
Beef Bourgingon
Soups (do not cook under pressure FTLOG!)
Irish Stew
Curry

basically anything with a sauce/boullion. I would definitely try out the chasseur if you have time.

3 Likes

This sounds really good, love tater tots, I’ll have to try it out, thanks!

1 Like

Ooooooo
yes please! I would love your shepherds pie recipe!!

Completely by feel! No measurements, just by eye :slight_smile: I love cookig by feel

Brown off white onion, carrot and celery in as little olive oil as possible. Load in your meat; either lamb or beef. Keep it evenly spread but dont move it - Leave it be!! What you’re doing is cooking out the water and rendering down the fat. When you see the water start to cook off, go ahead and start moving it around your pan. This will also make it easier to break the meat down much finer instead of having dull meatballs in your pie.

Once you’ve got some colour on the meat, add in some tomato paste and let it cook out, or, until the texture in the paste has thinned out. Add a little stock and let it reduce - you can also use a stock cube with water, just make sure it cooks out and doesnt burn the bottom of the pan. Same amount of red wine (if you still cook with it) and let it reduce but its optional. Throw in some jamaican jerked spices and peas, take off the heat and stir. Pour it into a pyrex and load on your mashed potatoes. If you must put cheese on top, use a fine grated parmesan to help season it. Top it off with some sliced tomatoes and put in the oven til brown on top. Easy as bish bash bosh!

1 Like

You sweetheart! I know what’s for dinner tomorrow!:hugs:

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

I’m sure there must be delicious vegan recipes for the slow cooker too :slightly_smiling_face: