Slow cookers

Anybody use slow cookers? Ive got mine out again and today im doing a shepherds pie :smiley: i love that i can put everything in and then leave it for hours come back and tea is done!

9 Likes

Aaaa yes great thinking!

Slow cookers are amazing! I have been vegan for tha last year but before that, there is nothing like coming home or waking up to the smell of pot roast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love my slow cooker. Here’s an easy one:
Throw some chicken tenders, a whole can of salsa, some jalapenos, onions, and green and red peppers. Ready for tacos in 3-4 hours!

4 Likes

I use mine all the time. Love my slow cooker.

1 Like

Love my slow cooker. And love the instant pot pressure cooker as well! Use them both all the time. @Stormy I would love to get that shepherds pie recipe from you. It’s my absolute favorite dish.

2 Likes

Shepherds Pie in a slow cooker!?! Love it!!

2 Likes

Ill be honest ive never done it before but been to check on it smells and looks great! Get some cheese on top will be perfection !
I did cheat and use a jar sauce however…

1 Like

People don’t seem to judge each other on levels of alcohol abuse here… I don’t think the judgment is going to start with your sauce jar.

7 Likes

At least I hope

For a second I thought this was a thread for people who didn’t cook very fast :rofl:

They work great. I cook roasts and bbq pork in them

8 Likes

Have an airfryer? Got one last year. Thing is awesome.

3 Likes

Haha! I did a lamb shank in it the other day it was sensational!

1 Like

I got one for Christmas… Any suggestions on what to try first?

1 Like

Throw in chicken breast and a jar of salsa, good for tacos or any Mexican dish really

3 Likes

I did that with pork and shredded for tacos or fajitas.

1 Like

Love love love my slow cooker! Just made an amazing red chili a few days ago!

When I can, I like to plan and shop for several slow cooker recipes in advance. I get all the ingredients and spend some time organizing everything into recipe-specific bags, then throw them all in the freezer. Then on busy days where I know I’m not likely to have time or energy for prep/cooking…I can just grab one of my prefabs and toss it in that morning, and still have a good home-cooked meal that evening!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Its january im utilising whats left in the cupboards haha

1 Like

We do a huge load of this and then freeze it for quick fix meals. It also is great with any flavorful jarred sauce. We use enchilada sauce, curry mix, etc. I try not to use a lot of packaged foods, but it’s a great go-to for us.

1 Like