So exhausted

Great job :metal: just keep that attitude up because you deserve to have a better life for yourself. The withdrawal dissipates immensely over time, stay strong :metal:

1 Like

So it’s been 7days 8hrs since my last drink. It’s been such a great feeling not waiting for the pub to open at 9am.
I’m excited to wake up now and get into my new hobbies and life.
Who knew I could be so finessed with my tremors to paint D’n’D miniature figurines.
Here’s my first 2

3 Likes

Painting kept me going sober…! It’s a lot more done than that now but I haven’t got recent pics… haven’t quite finished it yet…IMG-20210204-WA0001|281x500

1 Like

That’s awesome. Great job :v:

1 Like

Hi Macy Glad to meet you! I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you but I’m in the middle of getting ready for cervical spine surgery major they’re taking out four discs in my neck. You know I lied myself to lied to others. But I didn’t understand why I was lying . All my life about drinking my husband never even knew I drank, I lied to doctors about my life to get pills. Listen I really I wasn’t lying to them I was lying to myself. I couldn’t figure out why. I was so used to lying I had fooled myself and to believe in all this stuff this fantasy land I lived in was true Life was grand I couldn’t remember the pain because of the alcohol and drugs And most of all I had come to believe all these lies, and
I wasn’t getting well! I was only crying every night fighting with my family and drinking more the self-pity the pity party I was giving for myself was growing the pond had grown into a lake of booze and drugs. iIt took My acts of God to get me out of this place. My mom she was the only person that seemed to understand what was going on in my head although I didn’t understand this until after she had passed away from stage four lung cancer in just six days. I thought all my life she was the enabler of my horrible childhood and at that point I didn’t understand she had that same horrible childhood. She knew I was lying to myself to others. She had gotten well, She had survived her alcoholism, her abuse her abusers, her nightmare. She used to say to me do you have to drink today I say oh Mom stop and she would stop and we would go on with her day… Believe me when I tell you there are loved ones in our family that will shove us and bushes away, It’s not because they don’t love us It’s because of the pain they are having that we are causing when they are gone you will suffer so much pain because you couldn’t say the things you needed to say because you were lying to yourself I’m living this hell now, anyway Macy If you want to talk I’m here We can become friends for life I’m getting ready to celebrate my 5th year the 24th I’m so excited to be lie-free alcohol-free drug-free see I have the disease of addiction I have many addictions from squeezing a ketchup bottle a toothpaste bottle to have in control It’s all a disease It’s all addiction. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply i hope your surgery goes well ,i think i have tend to do things to extreme aswell when i was younger it was food now its alcohol. I dont know where along the line it happened it just did ,years ago i can remember saying to my brother who is still a alcoholic you have to stop drinking, even called aa for him now its me ,but good news is im feeling stronger and pretty sure i can do this im looking forward to double digits ,hope your feeling better after your surgery keep in touch

1 Like

Winning

3 Likes

This has been such a massive week. I can’t believe how much my life has been changing. From being drunk all the time, to now being a mentor for someone who found confidence in my ‘aura’, I don’t feel pressured. I don’t feel burdened or put out. I’m doing things that need to happen and actively involved in turning someone else life around.
I never thought for a moment that I could be this person for someone else, but I guess that’s my military upbringing and regimented asshole in me. I won’t allow someone to fall to shit on my watch, but I know I do off the clock.
It’s not 2-faced or double standard. It’s purely me being the strength for someone who hasn’t found their own yet, cos I know I’ve got me

3 Likes