So last night I overdosed

So just after midnight I had taken crystal, g and ketamine and was feeling fantastic. Then I did a re-dose which was just as strong very stupidly. I thought I was going to meet my maker and I wanted a few words with him so I was going to tell him his fortune. I’m alive this morning unfortunately. Can’t get my right leg to support me or walk, but this happens sometimes. Close call and I don’t want another. Family and friends know nothing, but have noticed mood changes

Youre lucky to be alive today! Do you want to stop? I heard you talk about your use and other people, but not about what your going to do about your problem. This is a progressive disease that only gets worse, never better. If you want to stop, youre in the right place. We can help you stop using one day at a time. You may not have the opportunity to wake up next time, so youre fortunate. And you need to realize its life or death. Using will only take you through the depths of hell. Nothing good comes from using, period! Your family knows something is up with you, they may not be able to put their finger on it, yet. Or they may be in denial. Its only a matter of time. You can arrest this disease and put a stop to using but only if you want to. We can talk further if youd like, just message me. Im here for you bc its only a matter of time before youre found out, trust me. Everything does come to an end, whether its a happy or sad ending is in you my friend… May God be with you…

12 Likes

Hope you’re alright. This is a good time to stop using man, the next time, you might not wake up. It’s no worth checking out over addiction.

1 Like

They know and theres nothing they can do until you’re ready to stop.

2 Likes

This jumped out at me. Do you really want to die?

2 Likes

Last night I got a huge fright. This has to end. I have people who love me and I can’t do this to them. Today has been complete hell but I am now in bed and will take a sleeping tablet to get through the night. All started with a morphine addiction following a broken back and neck. I’ve used do years but it’s out of control the last 6 months. I will get this right

Shocking experience I’m sure, thats quite a cocktail of substances you are messing with and all at once. I’m praying you will recover and find peace and strength.

Flush any left over stash down the toilet now before you get tempted again. Delete your dealers numbers, change your phone number if you have to, cut off all routes to supply.

You have to make the most important choice of your life here as you seem potentially close to a disastrous outcome.

Would you rather your friends and family found out by you overdosing or some other horrific outcome, or would you rather kick these horrific habits which serves you no good purpose AT ALL and transform your life for the better?

Put in as much effort and more to sobriety as you do to finding your next fix and soon life will become so much easier. Change your thinking, instead of saying I don’t want to use (whatever you call using) to I want to be sober, keep telling yourself that and try to adopt this positive thinking to other thought processes, it takes a bit of practice but you can do it and open up a whole new life.

You’re here, keep seeking all kinds of help and keep coming back here, try NA if there’s one nearby.

Praying for you and I am here to help where I can, feel free to message me.

3 Likes

I have thought about it more than once. Trying to stay positive is hard when all I did most of the day was rock backwards and forwards and cry with pain. I will be worse tomorrow. History has taught me that but I’m not about to end my life. Probably screw that up and just hurt myself. Thanks for your message though

You may feel worse tomorrow, but if you don’t use, you will BE better tomorrow. Our perceptions of reality don’t always reflect reality. You are still under the influence of whatever you’ve put in your body. Hang in there until it’s completely gone, then look around and move forward. Always forward. Even when you fail, fail forward. Reset. Recommit. Drive on.

9 Likes

Thanks - you just reduced a 53 year old man to tears. Don’t take that the wrong way

1 Like

Stay strong and stay with us my friend, you can do this.

1 Like

Wow we are all so humbled by your post! Mainly because we know exactly how you feel today. We have all been to the depths of the darkness you are currently experiencing.

At 53 combining those substances like that is a real cry for help. My concern is that you might just screw up and get your wish to die.

Go back as an adult and actually read your post. Ask your inner self if that combo sounds rational. You are screaming for help and super close to the edge of darkness and the eternal sleep.

You need to come clean with everyone and start getting the support you need to clean up. I dont mean to lecture but your original post made it sound like what you are doing to yourself was acceptable.

We are here to help but Jesus man your 53! College is over and experimental drug use like that should be a thing of the past.

1 Like

Just know that you matter, and we’ve all had moments like you are having. I’ve been fighting alcohol for 20 years. Sometimes I’m winning, sometimes I’m in the midst of a relapse. When I break my wife’s heart, I know it is because she loves me. I’ve wondered what it would be like if one day I just didn’t wake up. Then I think of her…and my kids. I think of how having 2 alcoholic parents affected my life as a child, and how it still affects me, even though both are dead. My mother passed a year ago. I used her death to break my sobriety, and start drinking again. Three weeks ago, I said “No more”. I want to live. I want to love. I want to WIN! I don’t want my kids to have to deal with having a father who can’t say “no” to drink.

Yes, I relapsed before, but I’m back now. I failed, but I failed FORWARD.

And you can do it to.

5 Likes

To be fair I don’t think age plays a part in this other than the fact that I can afford any amount of drugs I want now. At 17 I had to go to work as my father had died and I had to go to work. Collage didn’t exist in my future.

Today most people would call me successful and I appreciate all I have in life and achieved. I have had a drug problem for over 20 years following from a motocross accident. It’s the last 6 months it’s spiralled out of control and this year end I will go into it sober rather than launch myself into the new year with my own personal fireworks display.

1 Like

Sorry that came out like I feel - scratchy

Wow it really comes down to living or dying…the latter is permanent if you manage to do it quickly & successfully…how about a good physician/pain management regime? There are options besides drugs

There are a lot of new things I’m going to have to take onboard in the coming months. There is not a lot of help or advice down in South Africa unless you are religious which I am not or get booked into a facility which is not an option for me. I’ve got a doctor’s appointment at noon today to get through the holidays with the pain, but I’m still struggling with what I say to him. I am in agony today and can’t really do much. I can only laugh at all my moaning and shuddering I’m doing today. Need to take 2 spoons of cement and toughen up

Very powerful message. I’m sure we aren’t allowed to swear but boy am I having a CR@P day

You don’t have to be religious to benefit from their help. I’m not religious and I went to my first AA meeting yesterday. There was a lot of talk about praying and God but you only get out of it what you want. I liked the supportive nature of everyone there even if I don’t believe in their God. It’s uplifting to be surrounded by people who have been where you’ve been and worse and won’t judge your past. Find a group of sober people to connect with

Man your lucky to be alive!!
In my opinion I would hold on to this second chance.
Please talk to someone close to you.
I have been down that deep hole.
There is hope you can feel good again.
Don’t throw away your second chance. You don’t know if you have a third.