Sober All Sports

Sean Elliot, Victor Wembanyama, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/06/25/nba-fans-couldnt-believe-victor-wembanyama-dwarfed-david-robinson-tim-duncan-photo

3 Likes

Tour de France is the only “show” I watch on TV and have for as long as I have been able to. Starting the third week. Here are some pics I took of Stage 14 and a you tube NBC recap of Stage 14 (Saturday) .

5 Likes

Determination, like what is required to get sober/clean…

Stage 17, Wednesday, Tour de France 2023

4 Likes

Waited 38 years for this. Joop Zoetemelk in 1985 feels like another century. Ow it was. Yay Matthieu!!! :netherlands: :rainbow: To make it extra exciting, he fell while alone in front. And got up. And won.

4 Likes

Just back from watching Spurs vs Shakhtar Donetsk. They opened with the Ukrainian national anthem and then a minute’s silence, very moving. We won and just hoping it isn’t Harry Kane’s last game.

4 Likes

Good luck buddy. @Dan531
That’s a rough first draw. An upset would be a helluva way to start the season.
IMG_5839

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry. I’m always for the upset.

2 Likes

The Chiefs aren’t much :wink:

1 Like

Ya but Mahomes is.

Any chance you guys pull this off?
Fat lady isn’t singing yet.

1 Like

1 Like

It’s not the same old Lions… Gonna be a fun year

2 Likes

Sorry. But I don’t know any other kind. I’ve never had a reason to pay attention to them. Can’t wait to see how they go. Definitely be fun to throw them in the mix.
And good for you!!

1 Like

Hell yes. Go Bills. Thank you lions, suck it Mahomes, I still have a lil’ bit of a resentment for that last second playoff nonsense from the other year :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Just a little huh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
You know we got tools :toolbox: for that :hammer_and_wrench: :joy:
I reckon we can put the tools away for good Ol Football fun.

I think I’m going to get on The Lion bandwagon this year for my NFC team.
Bills first.

1 Like

Y’all enjoy your football season my American and Canadian friends. Over here in Europe, in Paris, tonight the Rugby World Cup started, with the hosts beating the All Blacks 27-13, the first time ever New Zealand lost a World Cup match at the group stage. Seven weeks of beautiful carnage to come.

For me it’s the best sports team event in the world. I like it better than the football (which some of you refer to as soccer) World Cup. IMHO it also comes closest to the original game of football, which is illustrated by this picture. :rugby_football: :heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :hearts: :rugby_football:

5 Likes

I always love your sports stories thanks menno. Enjoy the rugby. It is fun to watch too

2 Likes

Great sporting Sunday over here. Tour of Spain :biking_man: , World Cup rugby :rugby_football: Scotland vs South Africa, half time now, SA leading 6-3, all to play for, super physical match. But highlight of the day for me is my nephew Simon winning silver in the world rowing championships, in his first tournament in a single seater boat. Promises for the Olympics next year!

4 Likes

Who’s watching football today? I got my TJ Watt jersey on & am ready for kickoff!

3 Likes

2 Likes