Sober birthday ✔

Well I had my first sober birthday in…damn close to 15 years. I feel pretty awesome today. I didn’t even have the urge to drink nor was I nostalgic about old times. Facebook has a feature called “on this day” that shows you everything you have posted on that date from years past. Yes I looked at it and there were pictures of me drinking. But I don’t miss it (most of the time). I accept it as a part of my past. I’m growing as a person and moving forward - leaving the drinks behind.

Also, I’m going to be hitting 6 months in a little over a week. I’m so excited for the future. Every day I feel more confident that I will make it to one year and beyond. :blush:

23 Likes

@MissQuinn Good for you. So inspiring. I have 20 days until six months.

2 Likes

Awesome @MissQuinn! Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Happy belated birthday and congratulations! Keep up the great mentality :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy birthday!!! And congratulations on your fab progress!!

1 Like

Happy birthday… would be good if we had the 'on this day’s on this forum eh !!. Well done to you :grin::balloon::gift::tada:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! @DrunkNoMore so close! You’re right behind me! Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy birthday! You are an inspiration :relaxed:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! I had a wonderful sober Birthday last month too.

1 Like

Happy birthday! Congratulations on celebrating it sober and what a cool way to reflect by looking back at the photos from last year. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day of it all that we forget how far come.

1 Like

Happy Birthday @MissQuinn! Major accomplishment!

1 Like

Happy birthday!!! I also had my 1st sober bday this year!! We rock girl! Keep it up so happy and proud of you!!:purple_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Yea congratulations

1 Like

Happy Birthday @MissQuinn!

1 Like

Arrgghh, how did I almost miss this?!!

Happy Happy Birthday to you!! @MissQuinn :tada: :confetti_ball: :fireworks:
I hope you had an amazing sober day :heart: :smile: :purple_heart:

1 Like

This is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing. I don’t think I’ve had a sober birthday in over 20 years. By the time mine comes around, if I don’t relapse, I will be at 6 months also and am definitely a little nervous. I hope by then I have come up with more productive ways to spend my time on the weekends. I plan on going back to school at the end of the year for some online courses so that should keep me partially busy.

Anyways, just wanted to say great job!! :slight_smile: This place gives me hope. <3

1 Like

Happy Birthday :ice_cream::birthday: Congratulations :tada::gift:

1 Like