Sober check in

Awesome work on nearly 3 months great to hear! Looks like your more productive at work too. Can’t wait to hear about more positives to come!

3 months is a huge accomplishment! It only gets better from here my brother!

Good news to hear! Forever onwards!

Well, for me, the longer I am sober the easier to believe I may of outgrown, “cured”, or never really had a problem. My last time was after >10 yrs sober, I decided 1 beer would not be a problem many many beers later after a night I barely recall parts of the night who knows what else happened. I could of killed myself or someone else in my drunken state. Put me and my whole family at risk. So for me it fairly easy to not drink. I am incredible fortunate. The hard part is always remembering why I chose not to drink. That i is where I mess up for I am a binge drinker and usually drink till I pass out. Once I start the outcome is pretty certain. So the most important thing for me is not having the first drink. If I do that, I am good. Seems simple but my mind is pretty clever in convincing me I can have a single drink.

2 Likes

Agreed my brother this is why you have to declare no contest! It cannot be an option any longer. We could not resist binge drinking because it has control it deceives you with the foot in the door technique.Once the taste hits your mouth it’s never “just one”. Off the menu

1 Like

28 days! One day at a time

3 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate that.

2 Likes

Heck yes, y’all! You might like our thread Checking in daily to maintain focus #9. Lots of folks to join, rocking their sober days. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes sir and every day your getting better. Rejoice brother great times are in your future!

Day 4 and counting. Detox was not to bad. Did it without the dumbass drugs they give. Cane home 2/29 went right to a meeting just got sponsor 3/2/20 today tho i feel great. I havent had this much mental clarity in years and im young but its all worth it and the fight is so good

4 Likes

Tomorrow will be day 12!!! This is the first time in my addict career that I am completely sober, I always used weed but it only made me want to drink and gave me anxiety. I am so proud of myself. I am starting to like myself. I know I’m serious this time because I haven’t even thought about drinking. For the last two months I was guzzling down a bottle and a half of wine each night after work to get that barely there buzz and then made up this new idea to throw up before I went to bed. So I’d throw Iy all up and eat dinner then, feeling completely horrible, and only to wake up to have a shit day feeling like death full of guilt. Throwing up too often can cause a heart to become sick, not to mention all the other organs I was hurting. When I realized what I was doing, besides all the other dumb shit I’ve done in my addiction I realized that I WILL die, if not from heart failure, then from liver failure. I’m a fucking idiot. Well. Was. This is the start of a new life for me and I’m READY. Blissful healthy day 11. Goodnight friends. Stay healthy. We can fucking do this!!!

4 Likes

YESSSS!!!

Let’s start loving our bodies and treating them right. It feels so good to be a functioning human in society, doesn’t it? I’m loving being sober. This is it for me. No more poisoning my body, for what!?

3 Likes

Hey there, I’m on day 4 too! There is a group called Feb29ers that started up, we all decided to make a change around the same time. Feel free to pop in there if you’re interested!

2 Likes

Day 5 check in, and i couldnt have gotten this far without god i pray a couple times a day for him to wash my negative thoughts and to thank him for another day and if it wasnt for my sponsor who knows but today im doing great my mind is my own and thats a great feeling music has been helping me alot. I gotta handle some court stuff this month but after that im back to work. Thanks for this place its good here and safe ive been reading the comments i missed a meeting tiday but coming on here gives me salvation you guys are all oart of my recovery seeing years and hearing your stories is really motivating and i appreciate you guys and all the love :v:

2 Likes

Day 2. Slept better and easier than a thought a would last night. Still tired… brain hasn’t woke up properly yet. Get a cuppa tea and a few pints of water before I attempt to do my daily shit without getting ma 1st carry out of the day. For all the more experienced sobers here than me (basically everyoune) I’d just like to say keep goin and stay clear and in your sobriety and well done for even quitting drinking… that’s maybe how I’m feeling right now so am just passing that on to ya’s all :+1:

2 Likes

Day 3 check in… hardly slpet a wink but still sober so small price to pay I’d say… rehydrate h2o

2 Likes

Nice work keep building that momentum!

1 Like

Love the energy and positivity! Yes we gain so much when we lose toxic relationships.

1 Like

Day 23 sober but first day checking in w this App. I feel great and starting to get to know myself again! Proud of everyone fighting this battle everyday!

4 Likes

Stupendous brother keep transforming each day is better!

2 Likes