Sober early birds! What time do you wake up?

Since being sober I no longer use an alarm, I used to wake up at 6.30am, hit snooze a bunch of times and probably get out of bed at 7.

Very shortly after sobreity, I started waking up early, now I get up naturally at 4.30-5am, get almost straight out of bed and be more productive in the morning. Might have some extra work to do, go gym or tidy up etc. I have not needed alarm at all in the last few months.

On the other side of this I now fall asleep super early, usually 8-9pm. But I like that.

Anyone else find their sleep patterns change?

7 Likes

I had exactly the same for a while and loved it!

I have had less healthy behaviours recently with sleep being one of them, but I still usually get to sleep by 11:30 and wake up by 6:30. I seem to wake up naturally after about 7 hours.

My favourite pattern is go up to bed at 9:30, sleep by 10, up at 5. I’m just not very good at sticking to a routine :woman_shrugging:

There are 2 different answers for me. About 6AM by choice, and 2 hours after I originally go to sleep for the night and every couple hours after that because I cant sleep. Ahhhhhh!

3 Likes

Most of the time I wake up at 6:30 and if I was very tired it would be at 7.
I have a alarmclock at my watch witch vibrates to get me up. But most of the time I’m awake before that :grin: My mornings are definitely a gift of sober life. When I drank I was never rested and I hated the alarmclock. First houre you could not speak to me because I was angry and irritated (and having a headache or worse because of drinking).

1 Like

Between 4 and 5 AM is when I get up.
The early mornings are my favorite part of sobriety.

3 Likes

I’m up between 415-5am daily. No alarm. My tiny human is an early riser too. I’ve always been like this. Just sleep better without alcohol. With booze, I’m awake constantly/poor quality sleep

1 Like

10th day of getting up before 5:30am! Love the early mornings to walk. Today I woke at 4:55…I’ve take a snap of the sunrise each morning this week.

I get up by 5:20am for work but I’m usually up by 6 on my own. I definitely appreciate and enjoy mornings more now that I’m sober. Birds used to annoy the crap out of me when I was a victim to my addiction and miserable. Sobriety helped me appreciate the daily miracles that we take for granted.

2 Likes

You are way more active than I am haha congrats. Its been hard to do anything productive because I’m still struggling to quit so I hope to be as successful as you are in this.

7 am for work 7-730 on weekends

1 Like

Depends when the baby is hungry. I’ve gotten around 4 hours of sleep per night over the last 2 months

4 Likes

Up by 4:30, got to get meditation, coffee and a little work out in before heading to work or my daughter wakes up.

I’m totally a morning person. 6-6:30am even when. I drank. But on Day 4 so sleeping so deep and still feel tired almost like I’m hungover lol. But it seems this can be normal during the first week.

I’m usually rousted out of bed by a small (but incredibly loud)) blond tornado. That’s usually in the 5:45-6:15 neighborhood.

@Frank68 - I feel you. I usually finally get to sleep around 1am, then wake every couple of hours. It isn’t great, but at least there is no hangover in that mix anymore.

2 Likes

I go to sleep anytime between 3- 4.30am and am up at 8.20am latest.

Am so glad that being able to rise early is not one of the promises… Lol. I would have major issues. My sleep has gotten worse over sobriety for me, particularly starting around April or May this year. Significant parts of that are environmental issues around me during the day (love 16 hour work days man). Something is different though now. Sleep, when it comes, is light until about five or six am, which make mornings a bear now.

2 Likes

Yep. I can function being tired. Having a hangover is a different story.

3 Likes

Fear of insomnia and economic insecurities will leave us

2 Likes

Up at 5am-6am. Bed at 1130. I need to get more sleep.

See they do come true! I have no fear of insomnia! Doesnt promise me sleep tho. Damn it. Lol

2 Likes