Sober for 2 days

Been sober for 2 days. For 2 reasons one I’m broke and can’t afford it. And 2 I know I need to quit. Yes I could go pawn something to get the money to drink. I get paid tomorrow and I’m a little scared that I will go buy it. Trying to stay strong and level headed. It’s always great when I stop drinking. I stopped for a month back in February. I feel great, not hung over and more clear headed. But alcohol seems to mess with my brain and make me feel like I can just do it this one time and be a social drinker. I can quit for good. I know I can.

5 Likes

Yes, you can!

If you are worried about having money tomorrow, leave your wallet at home. If you usually stop off on the way home from work (or way to work!) Go a different route. You’ve learned a behaviour and your brain will have a million triggers.

If you’ve done a month before, you can go longer :wink:

Stay strong, keep posting and welcome to the community. You’ll find a massive amount of support for you here. Got all my questions answered here early in to my journey from people who had been there, done it. No judgement or shaming.

Reach out when you need help and it will be there. Good luck. Let us know how tomorrow goes!

3 Likes

I actually almost deleted this app today until I found about the community part. So thank you

4 Likes

You arent the only one here who has tried and failed at moderation

2 Likes

Lucky you. Have a read around. You’re not alone with this mindset, that’s why it’s an addiction, not a hobby.

Some helpful links:
Resources for our recovery

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Good luck! One day at a time.

3 Likes