Sober Life: Get Up and Get After It!

I described UFC as a physical chess match after I watched my first match, martial arts are awesome!

I’m always doing something, or many things at once. Mornings are for me so I do whatever strikes me for the day! :slight_smile: After my Gramma visit this week, I was motivated to pick this back up to get it finished for her birthday. She absolutely loved everything about it while I made this at my grandfather’s bedside as he was passing. I know she will love it! It takes forever to add a row now so I’ve got to make sure I finish it by August lol.

1 Like

Oh, I am well aware of the anti-inflammatory properties. I take 500mg of it daily.

1 Like

Up at 5:00. Lying with the dogs, on the couch, sipping coffee and watching world cup all morning/day. The dogs are still torched from their run yesterday, as am I from mine. Had some extra hustle in my sprints yesterday!

Taking my Dad out for a nice dinner tonight.

Rest and relaxation days are important, too :smile:

1 Like

Yes. Rest and relax harder, so fewer “rest days” are needed. My rest days are light walks, stretching and ice for a couple hours while binging on the tube.

1 Like

Exactly. I used to never take rest days, and wondered why my performance in the gym and on the pavement was regularly stalling (willing to bet the drinking had something to do with it too!). One of the many reasons I’m quitting the drink/drugs is so i can exceed my fitness goals. Its astounding, the significance of the negative influence alcohol has on the body trying to repair itself.

Now, at least one rest day per week. I listen to my body more. Just glad that there will be NO more impromptu rest days due to hangovers.

1 Like

By the way, was just reading up on that Krav Maga you post about sometimes. Had heard of it, but never looked into it. It sounds awesome!

1 Like

It’s awesomely practical. That’s what I love about it. No forms, kata or tournaments with rules.

Only rule is win.

2 Likes

Ok, it’s Father’s Day, so I slept in until 06:00. Got some bacon cooking in the air fryer, and gonna cook up some duck eggs from the family farm.

1 Like

Had a long sleep until 8.00 I’m on holiday so it’s allowed. Breakfast and lay by the pool, swam about 400 metres whilst all the drunks drank their free beer at this all inclusive resort. Just had lunch, going to lay by the pool again then hit the gym. Not quite getting after it as I’m on holiday in Ibiza but I’m more after it than the drunks surrounding me :grinning:

1 Like

It’s great not being bloated and beer belly drunk

1 Like

5 AM workout time. Easy one today that I hope to make difficult.

No food until i am done.

Single-joint (I’m talking body parts here!) accessory work…leg extensions/curls, calf stuff, shoulder raises, etc. 15 minutes of interval training to finish off.

Work from home and watch World Cup for the rest of the day :slight_smile:

Have a great day, my friends. Be strong.

1 Like

Got out there a little later than normal this morning, but I love my empty stomach morning hustle. Feels so great to get out there while the world is still quiet, the day untouched. I treasure my morning runs. Par for the course today. (Sorry for the blob, had to block out the map)