Sober Life: Get Up and Get After It!

That’s how I am too. 4:50am is my latest wake up time lately, if I sleep that long. Last weekend I slept in until after 5 one day, I was shocked! Lol. I think the last time I slept in until 6, I was drunk.

1 Like

This morning, up at 04:28. No alarm needed. Have some business this morning and lunch with a customer, then headed home.

1 Like

My alarm is set for 5:50, I would say only 2 or 3 times a year when I’m in rough shape and need sleep it gets a chance to go off. The oldest kid here has an alarm that goes off for 5 minutes every 10 minutes for literally 2 hours in the morning before he gets up…I can’t even fathom that. Drives me crazy! Lol

1 Like

I guess it’s a matter of forming those positive morning outcomes. For me, it was a paper route. Get up, and get after it. Earn some money. Do it quickly, get better tips.

Even when I was drinking, I woke up early. I just felt like crap. These days, it’s “kick the tires and light the fires” as soon as my feet hit the deck.

It’s the only quiet moments I get during the day so I relax and think or meditate in the morning. When I can over the alarm clock beeping for 5 minutes in the next room, only to stop and start again in 5 more minutes lol. It’s teaching me patience and how to ignore things and let things go though sober lol. I’ve always been a morning person, always up before my alarm and as the sun rises. Something peaceful about watching the world wake up that I just love!

1 Like

You need one of these for the kid.

1 Like

I got him this insane alarm for Christmas, it vibrates his bed (and the walls) and squelches SO loud, doesn’t matter, he doesn’t get up lol. But the second I stick a toothpick in his door on the weekends to tell him to shut that damn thing up, he hears THAT and wakes up. Lol

Get up and get after it: sitting outside my customers office for our 8:30am meeting. She sees me waiting on her, as she’s walking in. Know she knows that I am prompt and respectful of her time, and I can expect the same.

Punctuality is the virtue of kings and queens.

4 Likes

If you aren’t 15 minutes early you’re late.

2 Likes

Woke up at 545am, my anxiety has been at an all time high, luckily I’m able to handle it much better than before because I’m not drinking. It’s what’s pushing me more and more every day-sobriety has given me so much confidence. It’s 625 now and I’m going to get some coffee. I’m ok with caffeine :blush:

4 Likes

Alarm set for 4:15am every weekday! At the gym M-F 5am-6am, at work by 6:30 by choice. I get my best work done before everyone rolls in around 8:30.

All of that means lights out at 8:00pm. I wouldn’t trade it for anything!

3 Likes

Slept in a bit this morning…up at 05:00. Had some coffee and finished a movie I dozed off on last night. Watered my crops. Now a stretch and warm-up before a Saturday morning Krav class.

3 Likes

Morning project today

4 Likes

My girlfriend’s project this morning

Edit, @Yomomma takes credit for this beauty

3 Likes

Deleted duplicate comment

So you are the creative arts & crafts type in the morning? Awesome way to exercise the brain!

I can relate. I like mixed martial arts & crafts!

Whatever you choose, keep getting after it!

6:40 got up did dishes from last night made myself a warm water, lemon, and turmeric and went for a bike ride!

1 Like

Tumeric in a drink? I am going to have to try this.

1 Like

It’s not bad! All kinds of recipes for it! It’s a great anti-inflammatory!