"Sober" people smoking weed?

For sure. I’ll look more into THC uses, but for me, the high produced by THC is a problem. For others without addiction issues it may be more useful.

Sorry to be sassy earlier :wink:

1 Like

Interesting. Yeah I looked through here:

It seems like they do say THC does help with a lot of medical symptoms but there is the high associated with it.

I do wish they’d legalize it so that research could be done for major illnesses and pain relief.

1 Like

there is thc in medical marijuana but not in the cbd oils

My minor from UCLA, which has a world class program, taught me that medical marijuana definitely has THC. You can get it without, but I know that MOST people dont smoke that. Just throwing out some facts for everyone.

3 Likes

Warm milk helps. No, not an old wives tale. Also, i tried 1 mg of melatonin. knocked me out. was too much for me. and a warm bath helps too. my 2 cents. happy friday night sober friends.

1 Like

is the magnesium and calcium together bad? Well good nite everyone!

Haha… ok im slow. i hadnt heard that before! thanks guys! have a great weekend!!!

Different strokes for different folks. I have Tylenol 3’s for my back pain and because I’m not an opiate addict, they don’t make my life unmanageable and I don’t crave cocaine. However in your case taking T3’s may be a big problem. I don’t smoke weed, however I do have a prescription for marijuana and I use CBD drops (oil based under my tongue-12% THC & 12% CBD)which helps my anxiety and back pain. I am 90 days without cocaine. That’s my drug of destruction! Alcohol triggers me to crave cocaine. All marijuana does is make me hungry lol, relax is my mind and lubricates my body & and anti-carcinogen. Another member however, like you if they were to smoke weed-triggers their crack addiction. I Know my triggers that set me up to crave cocaine. Oh and I avoid what everyone else is doing-none of my business. Recovery is about getting to know me inside and out-chemically, biologically and spiritually​:nerd_face::blush::eagle::pray:

1 Like

It’s called the marijuana maintenance program and it never works lol.

3 Likes

Yeah… i know that the “marijuana maintenance” is terrible. Damn. But I just have to listen to my gut. Me anyway… Im alcohol free 84 days and life is better. simple. And yeah… if it were up to me id quit all bad sugar and all weed too. Hell, while im at it hit the gym, yoga, and all that too.

But that all aint happenin for me today. so im happy liquor free. and im good with it!

2 Likes

I was being prescribed 120 Narco, 90 muscle relaxers, 90 800mg of ibuprophin per month for a good two years for chronic pain and inflammation due to RA. I was pumping my body up with things that where only masking the pain for a few hours and basically eating a whole in my stomach. I did my research into the benefits of marijuana before I made the switch, I informed myself. I started smoking weed five years ago and the day that I started I never found the need for a pill again. I also smoke before I get in to a car (as a passenger, I don’t drive) because I have terrible panic attacks. My problem is with alcohol and my weed smoking has NEVER once made me want to have a drink. It is the first drink that makes me want a second etc. Weed doesn’t turn me into the nasty violent witch like alcohol does. Weed doesn’t make me black out, alcohol does. I would never smoke during my work day but I sure would find a reason to have a glass of wine (or 6) with lunch.

5 Likes

Alcohol is a means to escape reality and when I would drink I went to the point that I would blackout and pass out. When I smoked pot I was well maintained and composed I would just feel relaxed. Is that really living a sober life or are you trading one crutch for another. Livening sober means living your life without substances to escape. I’m not judging or saying it is right or wrong but really think about it. Live your life sober and get comfortable with your sober self. I put my sobriety counter as alcohol and other. My goal is to just be sober period. Remember this is just my opinion and what I am doing. In the beginning of your sobriety you look for anything that will help you get some relief but after a while you will realize that you really do not need any substance.

1 Like

Right now the only thing keeping me from alcohol is weed. It reduces my anxiety, opens up new perspectives. I know I’m not functioning at 100% capacity. But as it is one day at a time, it will also be one addiction at a time. I quit smoking cigarettes but only because of taking up vaping. I will slowly trade my vices for less destructive things. I don’t think anyone has the right to tell someone they are not sober. You are not in my mind, you don’t know my life or my struggle. I will celebrate your milestones. Don’t lessen mine.

5 Likes

People will do as they choose. Degrees of sobriety can’t be calculated nor should they be attempted based on their subjectivity with respect to the individual. From an AA standpoint, it obviously depends on which member’s opinion you’re garnering. Are they an AA purist or not? So many opinions and so many ready fingers to share them. Do what your heart tells you. Most often it has the last word.

We do whatever we want anyway so enjoy and for the love of God RELAX! It’ll be okay guys, I promise. Love to you all.

This is amazing. Feels like you read my mind!

In my opinion, I dont feel that smoking weed is wrong. I think It’s the least harmful thing out there when looking at mood or mind altering substances. But with that being said, i dont consider smoking weed as sober though either… We have to consider if someone new was reading this whole feed, they may think its ok to smoke weed and just not drink. I definately can not smoke weed. I always do everything in excess, i have no self control when it comes to drugs. If i were to start smoking again, id end up doing it multiple times a day. Now for instance, one of my family members just smokes weed and they don’t do it to excess… Thats why i consider myself an addict and them not. I chased that high for way too long and there’s no turning back, Just for today anyways. I’m one of those addicts they has no self control. I can’t Just have one of anything! So just for today i have a daily reprieve from drugs and alcohol.

3 Likes

I live near several marijuana dispensaries in the US and the weed will definitely get you high…
The thc levels are listed for each batch.

Well spoken! Hope you are handling biz!

I am confused about this. Sometimes maybe once a week i smoke weed. It makes me calm especially when i crave. But i am not sure. I guess i must stop it.

1 Like