Sober Saturdays & Sundays

Yesterday I woke up early and cleaned my flat for 3 hours ready for a viewing (trying to sell to clear debts from addiction), then I did some grocery shopping in the afternoon and rested in the evening.

Today I woke early again, watched a bit of Netflix, tried to relax and read in bed but felt restless so I’ve been for 2 walks in the rain today. I was limping and slow, but managed it both times. Starting to think this injury is here to stay. Then I’ve been reading on here since :slight_smile:

It’s a peaceful life like this, a world away from the torturous hell of active addiction. This is only my 4th sober weekend, but I never want to go back to that :pray:t2::raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

You’re so right! I’ve never thought about it that way. Thanks for sharing :relieved:

Looks good - did it live up to expectations?

1 Like

One of the best things about sobriety is finding the pleasure in the small things that we were just too wasted to notice.

The money saved is also a very nice added bonus! My Saturday out (train tickets, stops at a few cafes, dinner out and a show) was £45. So much stuff and some amazing memories for a fraction of the price of a bender.

4 Likes

I haven’t been to sleep before midnight for a few weeks. It is really annoying. But I have been trying to at least make the most of it by doing less screen stuff through the day, using my late burst of mental energy to catch up on admin and other stuff, then yoga before bed, so it’s not so bad.

2 Likes

So pretty much your day sounds perfect to me! I would add a hike in the woods with my pups and the making of some good nourishing food if there was time!!! I think we are far apart…you’re in The UK correct? Alas…so sad we cannot try this out next Saturday!

2 Likes

Yes it did! But it was a tearjerker! Cried my eyes out :wink:

1 Like

Yes definitely that also sounds amazing! Yes I am in the UK, what’s your timezone? I don’t know if there’s enough daylight hours here to do a synced up hike!

Bfs sister came to stay this weekend. Had a tidy round before she got here, I’m not really a housework person but it felt good to get things looking a bit better. Went for a little walk in the rain when she got here yesterday but mainly stayed in watching TV. Played a board game called Camel Up which was fun.

Today we’ve been to Liverpool, had a wander round the Walker Art Gallery, went to the Anglican Cathedral and then for some lunch. Lovely sunny day… Feel like I should go to the allotment but a bit exhausted from having a guest and might just nest for a while as I’ve got the house to myself for a few hours :house_with_garden:

1 Like

Got some blue sky and sunshine here :sun_with_face:

Sad day because we were supposed to be meeting and hopefully bringing home a rescue dog, but we’ve been told we can’t go because of the Covid restrictions in our area. Struggling to let this go because we definitely are allowed to, in line with government rules, but they are anxious and have made a call based on that so we’ve just got to accept it.

Currently having a cup of tea and watching some WWE (not sure why, it’s ridiculous :joy:), going to go for a nice long walk through the woods in a bit.

Happy sober weekend everyone :pray::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Home and having a bath after a 10 mile walk round some local footpaths.

While we were walking we were talking about how at one time we’d have never done something like this, cos we’d just be in the pub all afternoon. Life is so much better without alcohol in it!

3 Likes

Another sober day :smiley_cat: feeling really well. Nearly at week one - I know it’s again - but every week won us a better week and a better weekend

4 Likes

The only day that matters is today! :pray: :sparkles:

Just got ridiculously excited about the fact that we have a local waffle van that delivers and now sells vegan waffles! It’s the simple things :rofl:

5 Likes

I am different in that my Saturday and Sunday were always sober, because my husband was around. I never struggled to stay sober because there was no opportunity to drink. But to be really honest, I hated that. Part of me was just waiting for time when I was alone, so I could drink. Now I don’t mind, or even shock horror, enjoy him being around because I don’t want to drink anyway.

6 Likes

Spending time with my boyfriend is something I appreciate at the weekend. Not always, cos I still have stuff on, but anything I do now won’t be a source of argument. I won’t end up at some random people’s houses, he doesn’t worry about me any more.

It took a while for me, but it’s nice when sobriety helps your relationships start to smooth out a bit!

3 Likes

Busy day working on putting the potted garden to bed for the season - it was cloudy with a few drops of rain but periods of sun also. Mowed the lawn and picked up leaves. It was blustery and my cheeks got rosy and hair got untidy and it was glorious. We just got back from a quick drive to see if the fall colors changed anymore and the sky was pretty lovely. Getting ready for a fire :fire: outside for the rest of the evening. What a pleasant Saturday.

6 Likes

Sounds like my kinda day! I can feel the chill in the air looking at that picture. I do miss cool evenings.

2 Likes

I have a weekend with absolutely no plans ahead of me… At one time this would have driven me mad with boredom, I’d be itching to get to the pub because I thought getting drunk was ‘doing something’. Madness! All I would do is sit around, spend money, talk to people, and then forget the rest. I can sit around sober. I can talk to people (in line with coronavirus guidelines!). I don’t have to spend any money or forget anything!

This morning I’ve had a cup of tea, did a quick meditation and done some inquiry work for Recovery Dharma. Will probably clean the chickens out this afternoon. Might go to the allotment at some point over the weekend, do some more digging and clearing. Go for some walks, love this time of year for kicking through the leaves and all the colours of the trees. Make some tasty food. Do some yoga. Watch a film. Bliss!

9 Likes

I just downloaded the Recovery Dharma audiobook. I don’t know much about it so I thought I would check it out, and I’m enjoying it so far…
Today no plans for me either. Tooth fairy came last night for little man’s first tooth! She wasn’t prepared so I will say it was the tornado warning we had limiting her “reward” for his first tooth lol. I mustered $3.25 Canadian and a Kinder Egg :rofl:
I’ll walk down to the local farm and pick up some goodies today. Tomorrow hubby off four-wheeling with guys so maybe I’ll take little guy to the big park about 30 min drive away. It’s to be cold & partly sunny tomorrow so that is good… rain & snow mix today. Hopping on a Zoom sobriety morning meeting soon… I’ve been missing my morning ones weekday due to commute to work. Have a lovely sober weekend, folks!

5 Likes