Sober Saturdays & Sundays

Slept in! Haven’t managed that in a while and it felt lovely, but the dogs lost patience round about 8 am (:flushed::partying_face:). Hubby is cleaning the kitchen while I relax in my zen den? Babe cave? (still no other ideas for my new space’s name yet) with a cup of tea and going over my lists for the day. A trip to recycling, hardware store, and to pick up some pumpkins to carve! My long-awaited chest freezer finally arrived yesterday so I’ll be doing frozen food inventory and moving things around, making plans for stocking up and cooking my butt off next week! All hearth and home on this grey and chilly day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

My second sober wkd.
I had a lie in. Walked dog now watching Netflix with my son x

6 Likes

Love zen den! Are there pictures somewhere that I’ve missed?

1 Like

Congrats on the second sober weekend!

What ya been watching on Netflix?

Yup! And I can thank @Salty for “zen den” which might be sticking…:thinking:
Sober Leg Selfies #2emphasized text

2 Likes

I got groceries today, settled into a good book with a pot of tea. I have to get caught up on a bit of work tomorrow, but am also planning to have a bath and make a big slow cooker full of meat sauce. It’s the simple things that keep me going these days. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That looks so nice! Great to have your own space.

Love the big house plant. If any of mine grow that big I would count that as a huge achievement :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a great Saturday! I LOVE breakfast buffets :yum: Buffets are great for an indecisive person like me :joy: So many things to sample… yum. But sadly they’re closed here due to restrictions. Hopefully open one day again

1 Like

Me and my son have just binged orphan black in 2 weeks! Highly recommend x

1 Like

And thank you x

1 Like

Carved our pumpkin today. I love Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :ghost::black_heart: happy weekend!

12 Likes

Ooohhh! Very cool Courtney!

1 Like

1 Like

Awesome :jack_o_lantern: carving skills!

1 Like

Thanks it wasn’t all me I had help lol :joy:

1 Like

Wow, I was expecting a two eyes, toothy mouth, kinda thing, that is very professional!

2 Likes

Cold autumn Sunday here. Hubby is heading out with the guys four wheeling today. Little guy would like me to take him to a park about 30 min away to play and feed the ducks. Hope the Canadian geese leave us be; they like to harass us :joy: He also wants a donut from Tim Hortons of course :doughnut:
Enjoy your day, everyone! I’m off to find something from tooth fairy as he lost his second tooth… the 1st was the night before! Wasn’t prepared for that :tooth: :joy:

6 Likes

Have fun Salty; he sounds like a great little guy! Always fun with the tooth fairy stuff too, lol. :slight_smile:

I really like Recovery Dharma.

Had a meeting this morning followed by a catch up with my mentor about my inquiry. He said it’s good to come at it with some sober time under your belt. Not that it isn’t helpful for people who are newly sober, but more that it’s easier to investigate the underlying beliefs that lead to suffering/ addiction, rather than focusing on the impacts of drugs and alcohol because using is usually a symptom of an underlying problem.

There are tons of RD meetings online too if you wanted to check any out!

4 Likes

I definitely will have to check out some RD online meetings!

1 Like