Sober Selfies #10 (shirts required, please review rules)

The Guadalupe ridge. The part I went to was in Texas

1 Like

Atta girl!! Running Free. :running_woman:
Congrats on your 8 months.
:boom::boom::boom:

2 Likes

My inner cowboy came screaming out.

3 Likes

I don’t think this could get anymore muerican :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: oh, maybe with a hot dog :joy: I hope your inner cowboy had a hoot! :hugs::+1:t2::blue_heart::white_heart::heart:

1 Like

I just saw this, I love it!! That view is amazing, congrats on your 8 months!

1 Like

The view was to amazing for words or even pictures. I took maybe 25 the 2 days and the ones I did barely did it justice. I can’t wait to go back, well go elsewhere and thank you!!!

1 Like

Great job Jen :metal: 8 months another huge milestone in the books, keep running and keep on with your sobriety !

3 Likes

:slight_smile:
That’s what’s up

I’m in a little dark at the moment but im pushing forward

1 Like

Let’s keep moving forward got my spirits up ready to take everything head on sober on LETS GOOO !!!

33 Likes

That is a hat!

3 Likes

Thanks Dan :grinning: hope your having a super awesome sober day Let’s goo !!!

2 Likes

D 1,158

41 Likes

Oh thank you very much!
I do it as a hobby only. I started attending races recently for fun.
I like running a lot :wink:

1 Like

30 Likes

:muscle:
You got this!
Great share!

Coming to far to fall backwards has helped me through some of my self created mind obstacles.
Ive made hundreds of steps forward. A drink is a thousand steps backwards. Not worth it!

2 Likes

Great job your doing amazing

1 Like

But your still alive
Which means you will survive
:slight_smile: :heart:

10 full days sober onward

32 Likes

If that’s a depression scale, it’s time to see the doctor. Take care of yourself. It’s not unusual to discover that we drank to repress these kind of mood states.

7 Likes

Being aware is a singularly important piece of the mental health puzzle.
What you do need to accept is that even the most normal, balanced and happy person will experience all of those things too.
I hope you don’t let experiencing them make you feel like you’ve failed in any way… You haven’t. It’s because you feel them that makes you normal.
:+1:

10 Likes

I listen to alot of random recovery stuff on YouTube. This gem came on today. Steve O says at two years sober he was still feeling out of touch.

Our recovery time is pretty close. I still have waves of depression hit me hard. Sometimes its a little overwhelming. It sometimes feels like this is as good as it gets? I sometimes feel disappointed that I’m not “cured”.

When I reflect on how I felt when I got here. Its a lot better than it was.

Sometimes I feel fantastic and the very next day, I feel depressed.

I found this inspiring.

TRIGGER WARNING! Shirtless men, Drug, alcohol and self harm footage in this video!

I think its growing pains. The transformation into the best version of me isn’t always going to be comfortable. Processing feelings I haven’t allowed myself to feel so I can get to the other side. That’s where my sadness comes from. I’ve been having a lot of very vivid flashbacks and memories. Things I would mask with alcohol or drugs.

14 Likes