Sober Selfies #10 (shirts required, please review rules)

Have you seen a doctor Joseph?
Might want to get a check up or some blood work done.
You never know.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Day 107.

More online video job interviews today :tada::pray::heart:

Ive never felt more prepared in my life. All because Iā€™m clean and sober :heart:

39 Likes

Brandon Novak, another ā€œJackassā€, has a great story as well. Addiction: Tomorrow Is Going To Be Better Brandon Novak's Story #theaddictionseries #dontgiveup - YouTube I find a lot of my own story while listening to others, speaker meetings are what convinced me to keep going after inpatient rehab.

3 Likes

Indure_it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thereā€™s a live session at YouTube live @ radio noord

Just got this one from a neighbourā€¦
My favourite comes in two weeks, my clarinet !!

But for now imma gonna get some tunes outta this lady

Edit : https://youtu.be/442c52FEhjM

25 Likes

Glowing :raised_hands: letā€™s Gooo !!!

1 Like

These were taken from footage on my first sober tuna trip four or five days ago.

Setting sail this afternoon to do it again on day 645!

I spent a night in Charleston Marina waiting to offload. I have only good drinking memories there. (I havenā€™t spent a lot of time there) I spent my time with my camera. Not in the bars! :muscle:

Its hard to keep this lens clean! Ill keep trying!

39 Likes

Joseph ! Sorry to hear your going thru depression when it hits me it hits hard to Iā€™ve seen your progress on TS and to hear that you feel this way sucks keep your head up we have your back keep pushing forward :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Both those guys are great examples of the odds being against them but getting sober anyways.

Steve Os footage of himself at his worst sends chills up my spine. He carries a great message!

2 Likes

canā€™t get you and this image out of my head now. Wait for it!!!

3 Likes

God is good!! Iā€™ve been sober over 3 months now!!!

44 Likes

Sexamaphone! Thatā€™s nice is it a tenor or an alto?

1 Like

Itā€™s okay bud we got this, youā€™re doing so good and healthy donā€™t let life get you down itā€™s hard at times but thatā€™s because the good moments are still waiting to happen :metal: proud of you on your days !

2 Likes

Great job on your 3 months keep up the hard work :metal:

1 Like

Hang in there jj, like others have said we all drank to repress something-whatever that may be I hope you come to terms with it. Iā€™m almost 900 days sober and my anxiety is still all out of wack. We are all in this together :heart: Take care of yourself friend

6 Likes

Tenor, the alt one is straight in form.
Itā€™s gonna be a road to get the gripsā€¦ I play the clarinet for decades and the grips are mostly simulair but I start from scratch. I read notes and have to figure out the grips . I get tunes anyway but it needs to be mastered.

In like two weeks I will have my clarinet.

You can see me play the trombone in the YouTube link I posted before from my band

4 Likes

Maybe try treating with a good quality hydrophobic glass cleaner?
Wonā€™t keep it spotless but should make a big difference to how fast the water sheets/beads off.
:+1:

1 Like

Yeah man the alto and soprano saxs are what Kenny G usually plays (Iā€™ve seen him play tenor too) I wasnā€™t too sure but I love woodwind and brass instruments :metal: I checked out your video and dropped a like

Can you play most woodwinds then? Like is it fairly universal to go between baritone to alto and even the oboe or is everything completely different for hand positions.

Iā€™m all of them too but somehow we are sober. I know it doesnā€™t feel like a big deal right now but if we can hold onto just one positive in life then surely thatā€™s proof that there are others and things can and will get better. Itā€™s your body and mind telling you to have some time out. itā€™s OK to let go once in a while.

2 Likes

My basics are the clarinet, the hobo/oeboe is verry simulair to to clarinet, but it has no mouthpeace , so the lip tension and octave controle is different, as is the fagot p.e. but that is like clarinet family.vthe sax is brass but what I knew is that the grips \ valves are placed basicly the same only I have to controll the new finger placements to get the right tune, couse on the other hand a sax is really different to grab and get a hold on. all the wooden instruments which I mentioned have basicly the same basic grips, like a little wooden fluit for kids I guess. Only you have got Al kinds of grips for half tunes up or down and jumping an octave if you canā€™t do it with lip tention. Further the main types are the German system, the French Boehm system and the lesser- known Reform Boehm system. I prefer the main system.
But I start on the sax :saxophone: tomorrow and get familiar with the grips and get some notes to read on paper to practice, I hope to get some nice tunes out of it freestyle in hopefully like 6 to 12 weeks.

2 Likes

Way to go Stacie!! Congratulations on your 3 months and Youā€™re looking great :blush: That ninety day mark was a real bastard for me to get over. But the urges calmed down a lot after. I still thought about drinking. But a lot of the urges went away. Keep up the great work.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes