Sober Selfies #16 (shirts required, please review rules)

OMW to my 1st H&I service position! Takin’ the message of Hope into a detox center … the very same detox center where my journey towards Recovery began! I’m. So. Stoked!

:v:t2::heart::metal:t2:

38 Likes

I read back through, and agree the reaction was inappropriate and over the top, no need for that here.
I do however think it’s pretty shitty for someone to flag a person that was brave enough to post a selfie because they’re finally feeling good about themselves. Something many of us haven’t felt in quite a while. Unless the picture was inappropriate, but I’m gathering it wasn’t. I also think that when something is flagged it should say by who. Not to cause confrontation, but maybe it would help if that person could offer explanation.

7 Likes

I disagree with this, there is zero chance it wouldn’t result in conflict imo. However, when you flag there is an option to send a message to the person who you flagged or stay anonymous.

This space is for everybody, we are a diverse group who are all here for different reasons. We need to try and keep others in mind when we post. If someone feels a post breaks rules/ makes them uncomfortable they should flag it. It should kind of be our goal to not get a bunch of flags and error in the side of caution.

I’d also like to add that I’ve been flagged a few times and understand how that feels as well.

11 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, but there’s also people on here that just don’t like certain people, and use the flags to put them down anonymously because they know they’re not going to be questioned about it. I think we all know what’s really inappropriate and what isn’t. If someone decides they don’t like the gym selfie thread and throws a flag Everytime someone shows off some hard earned muscle in a tank top, we’re not gonna have a thread. I personally would just like to know if I did something wrong instead of feeling like I was being bullied. Just my opinion

4 Likes

I guess I’m pretty liberal. But I will say that if and when I decide to throw my first flag at someone, I’ll make sure they know who it came from and why.:grin:

4 Likes

That flag wouldn’t be approved… as far as the the rules go, here they are:

5 Likes

Any selfie with a cat gets a like from me. Cats are some of my favorite people.

15 Likes

I’m a dog person myself, but I understand exactly where you’re coming from

3 Likes

Oh, dogs are my friends too. Dog pics get likes from me as well.

3 Likes

261 days yall

51 Likes

Great sober days Emily!

2 Likes

I caught these on day 1431!

60 Likes

Good job Emily. Thats the way to do it!

3 Likes

that made me this

My Madi is growin’ up so fast!

36 Likes

c4760b5e-363d-4431-bde6-da67c3f36f2b_text

15 Likes

OMG I love that smile :heart:

1 Like

Ahhhh!!! Those are crazy big! I’ve always had an unreasonable fear of swimming in the ocean bc of what might be in there with me :rofl: This did not help it!

You are an awesome, sober fisherman Jason :clap:

13 Likes

IMG_7009
Look at those numbers.

Looks like you caught a fish too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

@happyfeet Thank you for having me here! I feel very grateful <3

Amazing numbers, keep going :+1:

1 Like