Sober Selfies #16 (shirts required, please review rules)

Thanks Laura!

That cut and color really look good on you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Short hair is awesome but a bitch to maintain…totally forgot about that. I would wake up with the worst bed head - like I had been electrocuted. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Happy Monday, getting shit done, sober style.

![IMG_20231002_132600|310x500](upload://yKYAQ2m9ocINMo3n90t0YCvkD2h.jpeg

26 Likes

Gym o’clock

33 Likes

22 days off alcohol, 5 days off nicotine. :raising_hand_woman:t2:

42 Likes

This was my Saturday morning selfie after my last drink Friday night.
I was home alone and blacked out ( after 2 drinks).
If this isn’t motivation I don’t know what is.

36 Likes

Welcome to the community Charlie.

Keep this selfie as a reminder for when the urges get strong. No turning back - you are stronger than this addiction and it does not get to rule your life.

This is a wonderful community to be a part of - check out the daily check in thread for accountability and support.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

6 Likes

Before you can break out of prison, you must realise you are locked up. I’m so sorry this is what it took. But, our rock bottom moments are often what create the unbreakable foundations on which to build on. It took my husband and the father of my children dying, to wake me up.

Many times we have to break down, before we can breakthrough. I hope desperately that you never forget the place from whence you came. Remember, It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop. When that voice creeps in telling you that you’re hopeless, that you’re not worth recovery, I hope you always know it is a liar. When that voice tells you that you’re alone, I hope you know there is an army beside you, with warriors who have paved the way already. You are not hopeless, there is still breathe in your lungs, there is still hope. Cling to it. Grab onto the lifelines that those here will throw to you, while you’re in the choppy waters of the deep. I’m rooting for you! :heart:

“The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius

“If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz

“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take the step.” – Naeem Callaway

14 Likes

Go Bills.
Love the shirt!!

1 Like

3 weeks AF today and feeling freaking amazing. I love waking up with more energy than I know what to do with and looking in the mirror to see clear eyes and no puffiness. So incredibly thankful to be here! Wishing everyone a beautiful start to the new week :sunny:

57 Likes

You’re gorgeous :heart:

1 Like

Thank-you so much for your amazing words, I shed some tears. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Thank-you JazzyS!
Yes, I will definitely keep this photo as a reminder.
I’ve never experienced anything like this before and won’t again! This was shocking to say the least.
Appreciate your support :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Monday Blues literally and figuratively lol

38 Likes

Not a selfie but a milestone in my life that shows 4.5 years of consistent hard work and dedication to my sobriety. ANYTHING is possible if we are sober :heart:

56 Likes

You da best :raised_hands:t3::heart_eyes::face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Monday :woozy_face:

44 Likes

Day 237 no drugs or alcohol. Day 5 without cigarettes. Day 1 with my new kitten, his name is Peace.

May our higher powers give us hope.

p.s. You’re amazing. Ya you!!

49 Likes

That is one very happy, comfortable kitten :smile_cat: Beautiful, and love the name :heart:

3 Likes

Squeeeeeee, so beautiful that little kitty! :cat2:

3 Likes

Oh Chuckie, I hope you heal really soon. Look after yourself :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes