Sober Selfies #17 (shirts required, please review rules)

My first race of the season is next Saturday. Weather’s been variable around here lately, temps up to 40, not below 25, 5" of snow then some rain. Next Saturday - predicted high of 13, should be about 8-10 at race time. Awesome. Like you, I have my “full Yeti” running get up, hat, mask, puffer vest over fleece, xc ski pants, ice bugs or full goretex running shoes, depending on the precip and foot, smartwool socks and running gloves under woolen mittens. Kind of lowers my pace time, it does. And as you know, you’re a sweaty mess at the end of it, but if you strip off a layer, whatever is under it will freeze!

9 Likes

Wow the song :ok_hand: when i posted the song i was thinking about Amy Winehouse back to black. But the AC/DC is the better one :smiley::+1:

6 Likes

Ah see and I wasn’t thinking of Amy.

This reminds me of why meetings are so important to recovery. Perspectives from others always give me a larger lens to look at things in my life.

3 Likes

Agreed :+1: :slight_smile:

Dude, good to see ya…Very glad to see ya in touch with your family.

Be well

1 Like

I think Amy Winehouse had an album called “Back to Black”.

2 Likes

Thanks so much . Glad to be back !! Missed this place

1 Like

Thanks so much. Definitely glad to be in touch with my family. I know when I’m out there in my addiction its selfish and I know I worry my family more then I realize. Grateful to be able to spend time with them and be present.

5 Likes

Thank you so much…and yes I’m still on Maui :palm_tree: Are you coming here?

2 Likes

Lovely picture Jana - glad you got to spend some time with your mom :heart:
safe travels home.

2 Likes

You’re a beast - great job girl on getting out there in this weather to complete your 5K run!

@Mindofsobermike same goes for you Mike - riding your bike in this snow / ice is insane in my mind - glad you are enjoying it - be safe.

3 Likes

The “I’ve coached three games in two days and have more tomorrow and I’m sleepy…” face

46 Likes

26 Likes

I’m late in posting my Birthday sober selfie …I’m the short one on the left, my hubby behind me, my friend and her hubby on the right. :purple_heart:

57 Likes

126 days alcohol free :sparkling_heart:

57 Likes

Aww … thank-you foe those kind words. I so appreciate you :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sober birthday looks so young on you. You sure you’re :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:8 ?
Keep up the great work Charlie. So happy you found us.
:pray:t2::heart: :birthday:

2 Likes

Awe yeah girl - that smile says it all! so happy thta you enjoyed your sober birthday with your husband and friends. Keep being a rockstar Charlie :muscle:

2 Likes

Aw shucks, thanks hun. I like to keep ‘em guessin’ :grin:
If it wasn’t for ya’ll, I wouldn’t have made it this far.
I sure do love ya Meme’s.

3 Likes

I’ve spent far too many years being hard on myself, sobriety feels so much better .
You are a fantastic Cheerleader!! Thank-you chica :purple_heart:

2 Likes