Sober Selfies #17 (shirts required, please review rules)

@Yoda-Stevie lovely way to enjoy the day – hope you had a Merry Christmas

@cjp lovely makeup – she has the perfect touch

@karenkw lovely to see you Karen smiling and looking like you are enjoying your family time.

@rockstar24777 Great to see you Robbie

@sarahyab a beautiful bunch Sarah

@englishd Lovely family Derek.

Love this Julia – sobriety looks so great on you

5 Likes

Hi there! This is my first post or reply (hopefully I’ve done this correctly).

I’m on day 16. This has been my first xmas after losing my father and cat on the 12th.

So far I’m ok.

59 Likes

Welcome Charles.
Very sorry for your losses amazingly awesome job staying sober 16 days.
And you’re doing it just fine.
Glad you’re here.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m happy to be here :blush:

3 Likes

Really sorry about your Dad and your cat. Welcome to the site and congratulations on your days sober… … in the face of tremendous sorrow and loss. Again welcome. You are not alone.

2 Likes

Nice to see all the pics, happy faces with family, faces getting through the trials and the day…

@Soberbilly ¿Dónde está el panqueque de Blake?
Where is Blake’s pancake???

@JazzyS you look like you’re in your mid twenties, friend!!! Adorbs

@Englishd Happy for all of you xoxo

3 Likes

Oh sweetheart - thank you for that – you just made me smile and made my night. Much love dear friend :heart: :hugs:

2 Likes

@Sarahyab @Englishd gorgeous family pics. Really lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Lepperos I’m so sorry for your losses. Welcome to the forum, great to see you. Hope to see you around X

2 Likes

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas :christmas_tree: :gift:

43 Likes

Hope you did too Janie. Merry Xmas

1 Like

I did, thank you! :v:

1 Like

Welcome to the community. And congrats on 2 weeks sober. Reach out if you need anything

1 Like

Lovely picture :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Glad you had a great Christmas :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Thank you! This community is so welcoming :blush:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Lepperos.
I’m so sorry for your losses man, but you made it to 16 days sober and still going! Congratulations on this achievement.
Glad having you here. This is an absolutely amazing community and everyone is so supportive.
Keep checking in. Hope to see you soon again :pray:

5 Likes

I’m home alone and it’s really hard not to think about making new cuts…it’s lonely and reminds me I don’t have much going on due to my illnesses… I have to say admit to a very serious matter. Today my fatigue was so bad that I fell asleep behind the wheel. I swerved into the other lane and was head on with another car going about 35mph. We were super close to hitting each other. God was with us though, I woke up to them beeping at me and we swerved away from one another. I pulled into a parking lot and called my dad. He came and got me and all was safe and sound. I’m grateful that I didn’t hurt anyone including myself. From now on I’m going to have to be more careful. No more driving for a bit.

6 Likes

Dang! Glad you’re OK and no one was hurt. That’s terrifying. Deep breaths…

1 Like

Welcome to the community Charles! Great job on getting 16+ days of sobriety. :tada: :clap:

1 Like

107 days alcohol-free, approx $450 and 2 lives saved. #sobermama

52 Likes

OMG what lovely pictures Julia! love the smiles and so happy for your sober living journey :heart:

2 Likes