Sober Selfies #17 (shirts required, please review rules)

164 days alcohol free, 8 days weed-free. thru sobriety i have been able to shift to such a different perspective of the pleasure-pain cycle and i’m grateful to be grounding & expanding my sense of being thru transcending these base animal biological survival functions, and witnessing more subtle structures of the mind-body matrix so i can be more present and better innerstand “self”. life is a whole TRIP!! :melting_face::sun_with_face:

42 Likes

Wow! 1 year! Awesome! :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:
sobriety-anniversary-00nsv2bgjn7k8swg

Me and my guy in Seattle for my birthday this last weekend :heart: So thankful for this man who’s entered my life and brought light with him​:heart: He’s been sober 16 years!!
“Thank you for loving me when I still tasted of heartache and war.”

“I don’t think anyone is ever ready, but when someone makes you feel alive again, it’s kind of worth the risk.”

51 Likes

So happy for you. You look happy :grinning::heart:

3 Likes

I am :heart: I haven’t introduced him yet on here but this is Jackson. We met back in June and well, he just never left lol

10 Likes

The good ones don’t. Amazing news Sarahya, you deserve it all :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Life is crazy. His parents passed when he was young due to addictions as well so he’s been able to really relate to my kids which has been beautiful for them. And he honors Daniel as if he were something sacred. I definitely got lucky. He’s a healthy and safe love. It’s weird, I’ve never had that before. I think I like it though :heart:

13 Likes

Sounds perfect and a good starting point for you. High functioning addicts have a crazy tolerance for dissonance and riot; we often find peace translates as boredom. But in reality, security and peace is all me need to grow as long as we make the effort to grow something. Wishing you and Jackson all the best. Daniel will never be forgotten. I’m so happy for your children as well :mending_heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Yes 100% I use to self sabotage bad because I was so use to chaos I would panic when things went “too good”. It’s taken a lot of therapy, tragedy and figuring out Sarahya but I think I’ve finally worked through that. I’ve had enough go wrong to never need another lesson in heartache again. :raised_hands:t3: hopefully anyways lol thank you for your kind words, appreciate it more than you know :heart:

6 Likes

Steelhead…lol…love it

2 Likes

Good to see you happy :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Oh I love this Sarahya. So good to see you happy and enjoying life again :people_hugging::heart:

1 Like

I’m happy for you Sarahya, you 2 make a nice couple :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

wow @Sarahyab i am getting so emotional seeing this i am so happy for you and the kids for this blessing of Jackson!!! :face_holding_back_tears: :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I’m really, really happy for you homie. You deserve every bit of happiness that rolls into your life. :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

We all totally deserve to be happy, healthy and loved. So glad you two found each other!

1 Like

Just a quick lunch break selfie.

45 Likes

Got my hair highlighted selfie :person_getting_haircut:

53 Likes

27 Likes

looking great Megan – so lovely to meet you :heart:

2 Likes