Sober Selfies #17 (shirts required, please review rules)

I visited Rijksmuseum to watch the big Frans Hals exhibition. Which was nice. Stumbled upon this small photo exhibit of portraits of Amsterdam school kids form the early 1980s. I know most of 'm from the streets, and the coffeeshops, punk bars and alternative clubs we frequented back then. The years I smoked grams of weed and hash a day and binged on alcohol and other drugs, 14,15,16 years young. Not easy memories.

49 Likes

8 days 8 meetings

51 Likes

8 days 8 meetings :+1:
That’s great work right there!
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

I’ve tried quitting quite a few times before but I never went to any meetings. This time it’s different … it’s what was missing. Seeing so many people on these meetings, present, even during work, sharing similar stories to me… it’s what’s keeping me sober. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Cool Pic :sunglasses:

2 Likes

48 Likes

Thanks @Dazercat !
Let’s keep on keeping on :muscle:t4:
ODAAT! :pray:t4::heart:

2 Likes

169 days alcohol free, i’m so glad those dark days are long gone and i can be the best mama for my amazing son. i’m so proud of him.

56 Likes

Owww so adorable 🫶🏻✨

1 Like

Day #86 :blush:

56 Likes

Day 1513

36 Likes

Doing that work thing today and tomorrow and then have 6 days off. 3 of which will be spent in the desert :hiking_boot::sunrise_over_mountains::partying_face:
Ps- I think it’s time for a hair change :thinking:

59 Likes

What app are you using for the pictures they’re brilliant :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Today at my AA group :blue_heart::blue_heart:

48 Likes

Just getting back in my feet after a nasty bout of flu. 1-star review: would not recommend.

I’m always happy when a long-term member returns, regardless of the circumstances. It means they’re still winning, because they’re still fighting.

5 Likes

Club soda…every bar has it. Soft drinks. Tomato juice.

2 Likes

Nice. What you dropping in there?

Lest we forget the greatest drink of all: the blood of our vanquished enemies.

4 Likes

AMC 360 1974 AMX Javelin

1 Like

I skated by with Diet Coke and then just left early to work on my Final Paper lol

1 Like