Sober Selfies #4

9 Likes

Hubba hubba :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Such pretty eyes!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Lol @you @anon60334405!:joy:

2 Likes

You have beautiful… books behind you on that bookshelf. Are those about gemstones and crystals? I love gemstones for their beauty and purity - the way they show us the beauty of the earth. Is it a hobby of yours, or do you have an interest in them for another reason?

Also - that is a cool bookend :+1:

5 Likes

the 5th day without taking pills :relieved:
feeling like shit but every second it gets better.
we are the masters of our own fate. we are the captains of our own souls. :heart:

39 Likes

Lovely to see you! Congrats on 90, now off to 180! :muscle::blue_heart:

1 Like

5 days! You’re kicking ass, my friend! Bleib stark!

2 Likes

Awesome! Homeopathic practices like that are so interesting. I don’t know much about them but I find them fascinating. I lived in China for a bit and had a chance to try cupping therapy and acupuncture while I was there. I have done acupuncture several times since then.

Do you find the crystals benefit your recovery? Is it more psychological with them, or do they have a bodily effect?

2 Likes

Isn’t acupuncture the thing where you get stabbed with a shitload of needels?

4 Likes

Yes - the needles are very fine (so fine they don’t cause any bleeding); they are inserted at points which the Chinese believe are important for aligning the flow of energies in the body. Acupuncture is a part of a much larger field of health called Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which is valued very highly by many Chinese and has been for centuries. While I lived in China I explored elements of it that I found interesting while also reading ingredients lists and being sure I was staying safe. I once had a tea made from dried bees that cured a bad sore throat (or at least, the next day it was gone) - and weirdly it tasted like hot chocolate (how dried bees make that taste I don’t know! :joy: ).

5 Likes

No way I’m letting someone stab me with needles. I’m horrified of needles

1 Like

Lol

I have tattoos but cannot even think about acupuncture!

7 Likes

It does? My grabdpa used to walk around with a needle in his ear for a few hours after he’d been at acupuncture.

And I used to have piercings in my entire ear. Now I’ve just got a few in each. None of them really hurt. :blush:

1 Like

Day 53,sitting at my fav spot on the kitchen counter near the window.

33 Likes

19 Likes

7 months today. Just realized it while at the office.

28 Likes

Huge congrats, thats a great achievement. Well done to you :heart:

3 Likes

wow thank you so much for your words (:

1 Like

I have to agree,you definitely dont look to be anywhere near to forty. Mind you people say the same to me,il be forty in november. :slight_smile:

2 Likes