Sober Selfies #4

49.36 days. Elevator selfie with my littles after our morning walk :slightly_smiling_face:

36 Likes

oh you know, just hiding in a tub at work

28 Likes

Thanks! I’ve worked hard at making my face this shape! :smile:

4 Likes

Day 123. Does anyone ever have one of those days where you are just sleepy ALL day long and can’t wake up? That’s me today haha but… Smile and carry on :slight_smile:

48 Likes

Yes, today! :joy:

3 Likes

What a beautiful picture :slightly_smiling_face: Great angle.

1 Like

I haven’t wanted to post here in a minute, even tho I did frequently originally. I always hated selfies before I started my sober journey, and quarantine just f-ed with my psyche. Idk. Anyways. Here’s to 12 days!

44 Likes

Similar to kale or spinach or collards. Leafy vegetable.

1 Like

I hear you @Brittb12 I almost fell asleep tonight twice in a big book study. :sleeping: it has been a long day but I just carried on…

2 Likes

Nice to see you again James, you look good.
You seem relaxed on this picture, hope you are :seedling:

1 Like

What @Just_Laura said.

14 Likes

Day 55, I wish I could say that things are going great, that I’m feeling great. But I can’t because I don’t. Last few days have been hard, really hard. I choosed to share my story here a few days ago, just to get things out of my own head, and to get a chance to moving forward in sobriety. However I haven’t talked about and trying to forget about it for more than 10 years, and I might have had the opposite effect. It’s in my head more than ever. Last few days has been filled with nightmares, uncomfortable flashbacks and raids all over the house after something to make it go away.

But I’m still here, looking like I feel, crappy. I guess all selfies can’t be a ray of sunshine or a bright smile.

26 Likes

Aww, thank you :heart:

1 Like

Reopening the restaurant for the second time. On my way in. FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT!

39 Likes

yes almost normal… if you weren’t sat with a rug on your shoulder you might have got away with normal :wink:. Great sober days all the same buddy.

1 Like

What’s the restrictions like for you there at the restaurant? You’re doing it girl so keep it up!

2 Likes

first sober selfie! Idk if i was supposed to scroll all the way up to post or just on someone’s reply… sorry if i messed it up, still learning the site. 18 days sober!!

33 Likes

Congrats!! I will say, every time you write it, speak it, yell it out, whatever you choose to do, your chipping away at it! Your dealing and feeling it and for damn sure it hurts, but it’s also being dealt with and not hidden anymore! That’s a great thing! The more your able to get it out of your head, the more you’ll heal those wounds. Much love and luck!!

4 Likes

Thank you. I hope it works that way, but for now I’ve got it more in my head that ever. And that’s not a good thing. I know it’ll pass eventually, I’m just not feeling like I’m gonna make it until it does. But I’m just in the beggining of all this so I probably will :blush:

1 Like

As hard as it may be, keep being positive! At first it sounds dumb and like "ya ok lady " but it helps. The more negative you let in, the worse you’ll feel. Keep your head up!! It’ll all work out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like