Sober Selfies #4

Have watched a bit of Australian TV series, and a couple of great movies. Back in 1987 I was hooked on the war series ANZACs, featuring Paul Hogan. There’s also a couple of Australian YouTubers I follow.

Here we have very distinct regional/ethnic accents. Boston Irish sound different from Boston Italian, and both sound different from their counterparts in NY or Chicago.

1 Like

Loving your hair color! :slight_smile: I’ve done the opposite to mine, it’s typically dark brown/purple and I’m back to blonde right now haha

1 Like

That’s way too funny Salty! I saw the necklace and immediately thought of you!

1 Like

I love this, in Sweden (and in Swedish) the servo is called Mack or Tap :blush:

1 Like

I have a similar one too :rofl: and an anchor mask of course! In addition to shirts too. I’m a walking Maritimer advertisement lol

1 Like

I used to be somewhat self-conscious of my Boston accent, until my wife told me that she only notices it when I am angry or excited. In the DC area, I get asked if I’m from NY a lot, which to a native Bostonian are fighting words.

4 Likes

We are a glorified diner. What does healthy mean? :shushing_face::laughing:

Businesses picked up BIG TIME over the weekend. We are only allowed 25% capacity here in Pittsburgh so aaalllllll the takeout. I was cooking by myself up until last week, after we reopened for the 2nd time. We were exposed in both our open locations so we did a voluntary 2 week shutdown the second time.

3 Likes

I’m from the south shore and I think north of Quincy sounds different than me!
Lol @ sounding like a NYer!:smile::+1:

1 Like

First time lifting in a couple weeks, been nursing bum shoulder. Feels great to be in here mentally, physically I have a long way to go with the shoulder i think. Slow and steady, I’ll be going out for hernia surgery soon so it’ll get to heal up more then.

27 Likes

Doing much better today. Way less stressed and hopeless.

23 Likes

Thanks, it’s a really old nagging injury I’ve had it for 10 years or so.

1 Like

Is that at your home!?
Good luck with the surgery. :heart:

1 Like

Yeah i built a home gym over the years in my basement. I was super grateful during the shutdown.

2 Likes

I miss having a basement! I swear I just thought that this morning, up north I had a heavy bag and a speed bag.

2 Likes

Did height course with my best friend today. On the top pic you can see a real genuine smile which is probably the first caught on camera ever

30 Likes

Couldn’t be happier got a new pair of sandals and ice cream. Win win right there! It’s the simple things! Keep smiling :blush: life’s good we are so blessed. :pray:t3:

23 Likes

That is literally my smile. :laughing:

And a peace sign seemed more appropriate. We aren’t at thumbs up yet. Gotta get this restaurant a bit more under control.

1 Like

You are looking so peaceful these days. I love seeing the change in you!

1 Like

Day 74

26 Likes

The smile is back :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like