Sober Selfies #4

What a tiring day but productive day. I’m ready for sleep and it’s only 9pm here haha hope everyone had a great sober day! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Meeee tooooo I am beat!

1 Like

21 Likes

Day 349 sober. Working light duty with a severe back injury but the pain hasn’t made me want to drink!!

20 Likes

Thank you, yes it’s been a while. I took vacation from socal media to spend time with family, when my husband had his annual vacation. But now things are getting back to everyday life,and I’m back. I hope everything is good with you too :blush:

2 Likes

yes thanks. It got pretty dark there for a while and as I sit here today I’m in a wonderful place and as we know today is the only day that counts. So let’s do this, let’s appreciate what we have even if it doesn’t seem like it some days we all have something to be grateful for. So I’m sending you some of my positive vibes bc that’s how it is today :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Yay little Aussie!!
I only get that far off the ground when I’m falling…

1 Like

Day 75,the sun and warm weather is back it’s supposed to stay over the weekend.

22 Likes

Got my hairs cut by a professional! Not that you can tell…

:laughing:

25 Likes

What were they a professional in?

6 Likes

Best way to do that in my opinion. Tends to work for most days of the week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve duffed up my freaking thumb and don’t have this option atm so currently very bluesy :unamused::worried:

Looking grimly happy! What’s your shake? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What foods do you serve, Megan? We don’t have diners in Germany so curious… hope you’re holding up well!

1 Like

This one was chocolate milkshake protein powder, glutamine, oats, and almond milk. Pretty much my go-to for post workout drinks.

1 Like

Wow Jan, your genuine smile is really something! Handsome lad!

1 Like

Sounds amazing! I do a pretty good cacao oat milk pea protein creatine shake - plus ice cubes and instant coffee powder these hot days! :yum: I miss my lifting, have fucked up my thumb and out the game for a bit hence the perving on all you lucky bastards with your shakes and busy home gyms! Rock on!

1 Like

I’m interested as well. It’s interesting how the types of eating places, restaurants etc, vary from continent to continent. I remember when I lived in China just how fast the service was in the restaurants. It’s weird but I had grown up with the kind of North American idea of drinks first, then meal order, all by the same server. Not so in China (at least, in southern China).

The other thing I never saw in China was drive through fast food. There’s lots of KFC, McDonalds, etc. No drive through.

I didn’t see diners in China or Southeast Asia (in the countries I visited). I’ve never been to Europe - but I guess from what you said they’re not a part of the German restaurant scene. I’ve always associated diners with eating beside (or near) highways. Just like drive-throughs, diners seem to me to be part of the North American infrastructure: we built our continent around the car. (Same reason our public transit is terrible. Just terrible. “Developed” country, my a**.)

2 Likes

This is such a great idea to do from time to time. At this point I don’t have any social media except this forum, I guess it counts :man_shrugging:t3:

I stopped using all the other platforms years ago and it felt like such a weight was lifted off my chest!

3 Likes

Thursday work selfie… Friday eve! :v:t3::heart::blush:

22 Likes