Sober Selfies #5

Haha, I’m just messing, see how long I can get it before getting told to cut it back.
Gonna see if I could hide a couple of beard beads plaits :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Courtney.

1 Like

Your beard is my inspiration Tommi. Well, when you had one.

It was a grey day for bearded folk when you shaved that off!!:grin:

1 Like

Good morning Fam! Day 37 here… I’ve been busy cleaning house and laundry already this morning. The husband is currently extremely hung over. I hate that he is still stuck on this roller coaster. He always talks about stopping and hasn’t been successful yet. I’m trying to be patient, show him how great the sober life is without shoving it down his throat. He will get there. Hopefully soon :crossed_fingers:

26 Likes

Congrats on day 37! I’m sure that’s frustrating that your husband still drinks but good for you for not trying to force sobriety on him; that could turn ugly very quickly. Hopefully in time he will see how much happier you are and follow your path.

I can’t say I blame the guy… for years I always thought it would be impossible. Like, I literally equated sobriety with the end of everything I knew. I had friends who stopped drinking for a few months at a time here and there and I always looked at them like they were super heroes. I don’t think I was really ready to stop back then.

It sounds like you were ready and hopefully he will be soon too. At least now you can be a good influence :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. He is very proud of me, I know he sees the improvements in my quality of life. I wish he saw his worth that he deserves this life too.

2 Likes

A few errands before settling home to watch the boys! Happy sober Sunday!! :blue_heart::football::heart:

17 Likes

Sober life looks great on ya!
37 days :scream: BAM :boom::boom::boom:
Where did that come from? That’s great!

I hope your husband will join you too. I wish my wife would join me. She doesn’t even get hangovers. That was always my department and my drive to stop drinking. It’s my sobriety. I know you’ve probably heard me say it before. I just am grateful for the time I have her when she is sober. After nine months I’ve kind of given up on her becoming sober now. Maybe after the election? Maybe spring 2021? Maybe…I do have hope. But I’m not going to drink. And I can’t make her not drink. Keep being patient. It’s a gift I think we are all blessed to get with OUR sobriety.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Scary being all alone. I will soon close.

19 Likes

You just keep getting better at getting better, and never forget that you were once where your husband is now. Let your light shine, and he will one day leave the darkness.

1 Like

19 Likes

Where’s sweet Mavis?!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

13 Likes

Watching Smurfs Lost village! And awww you remember her that’s super sweet!

2 Likes

ef0301538385718542be96b536c878c31673ac29cc40e44f7900d958ecf22ea6.0
:baby::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

It’s ok just pick yourself up and listen to “Love yourself “ by Lea brown …I promise it will help brother! Clear eyes full hearts can’t loose!

1 Like

We are on the exact same page… I love when he’s sober. But I’m not gonna hold my breath. It’s his life… it is tough sometimes though. He said he’s done today… again… I hope he is. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Nice one mate, always great to see you out and about and not lost. :+1:

1 Like

I pressed like but I’m not sure what I’m meant to be liking, I’ll go for the mask :thinking::+1::wink: