Sober Selfies #6 (shirts required please)

Solid advice. I’ll fill yall in tomorrow, probably gonna take off around 10 or so

5 Likes

Good luck man! You’ll have a kick-ass run :muscle: :+1:

3 Likes

So happy to finally be home and laying down for a few. :sleeping: This is my kind of Friday night fun. :wink::tada: Hope everyone is safe and sober. :black_heart:

34 Likes

You look great :two_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts:

Sorry bout your back. You got a good couple of ice packs for that? I keep a back up in the freezer in case I need more than one. Anytime I have any sign of back pain I’m quick on the ice. It really helps.
Hope it gets to feeling better soon.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Oh and Dang!! Congratulations on 301!! I can’t remember if I got you yesterday for your 300 or not. Keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much for all the support and advice Eric. I do have ice packs just gotta remember to use them. I enjoy seeing your posts particularly inspired by your consistency in daily gratitude posts. Keep it up my friend. :v:&:heart:
btw friday the 13th 2020 and we are still here and sober :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks. I been appreciating your posts as well and all you’ve overcome and accomplished. I have back issues off and on. I use a chiropractor when I can. But I had a great chiropractor back in Durango where I use to live. Whenever I complained about back pain, the first thing he’d say is did you ice it ? Most of the time I had to say no. This continued for awhile. I bought myself some really good ice packs on line. And now I use them whenever there’s a flare up. I actually have gotten to like icing it. Many mornings while I’m doing that gratitude list I’m also sitting on an ice pack :cold_face:.
Coffee
Ice pack
Gratitude list.
:+1: Great way to start the day.
Take care my friend.
:pray:t2::joy:

2 Likes

Day 14, Its Friday again… But I went to my first online meeting, it was good for me, the people treat me really well… but I ended with a headache… Is this normal?

35 Likes

Don’t know about the headache but 2 weeks sobriety is looking great on you. Congratulations :tada::balloon:
Great work

2 Likes

Thanks @Dazercat!! Im feeling really good is the longer time I have been without alcohol on purpose :blush:, the meeting was strong for me, I listen the people history and reflect my self a lot…I want to keep going, im feeling stronger!

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for teaching me :blush: I know the mock turtleneck style. Here that’s just a short polo :blush: or minipolo.

1 Like

Jeans or like a brace overall? I do know that there’s a clothing brand mostly worn by Swedish greaser. :joy: Yep greaser culture is very much alive here, like in the movie grease.but we’ve also got Volvo greasers or beer greaser which simply means the type of greaser driving around in a non restored American car drinking beers blasting music and has no style besides the leather jacket and ill fitted Jeans.

I live in the middle of the greaser county along something called Retro Road, my entire village is 50-60’s themed and at least one of my neighbors dress like it’s the 50s everyday, and her home looks exactly like it too. And year around she goes on greaser festivals,my village usually have a big one every year with a lot of restored American cars and a cruising in the eve. People pay more to buy and restore those cars than they are willing to pay for their houses here. :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks man

2 Likes

Yeah, Blue Jays! :bird::maple_leaf:

Can’t wait for next season.

2 Likes

I was meaning dickies, which is like a fake collar or fake turtleneck. it’s not a full shirt but an attachment. I do know the brand Dickies which is work wear. My hubby has some. I think he’s be what you’re calling a greaser if he moved over there lol
Here’s examples of dickies neck false collars

3 Likes

I’ve seen the top ones. Daycare kids wear something similar in the winter here. In Swedish that’s would be translated to a fake polo :joy: didn’t even know the bottom ones existed. But it looks like a nice koncept :blush:

So the clothing brand is workwear for you. That’s interesting, they cost a lot over here. :blush:

2 Likes

Day 76 casual Saturday.
And I took out the nose piercing, It doesn’t heal or work with any type of jewelry so I guess I’m better without it. No pink today, only gray and gold.

28 Likes

Congrats Britt!

You look like a totally different woman today :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well workwear meaning he uses it while working on machines or equipment, (tractors/combine etc) etc. at home as his dad farms crops and hubby helps fix equipment on his off time. And wears their socks brand lol. At work he wears similar material but it’s Carhartt brand as that’s their uniform brand and he works with machinery there. Carhartt & Dickies are typical workwear brands here. Costly though.

1 Like