Sober Selfies #8

Welcome back.

1 Like

That is really cool that you cycle. My husband and I cycle too. How far do you go?

Congratulations on 78 days! That is amazing. How did you do it? Any good advice or recommendations.

1 Like

Way to go!

Day 232 little walk in the forest :metal: take care sober fam

35 Likes

Pure and complete selfishness. No lie. I am super selfish about making this a priority. Every fucking day. I crave being sober and never want to feel the way I felt before…ever.

Never do I want to not remember, to numb my feelings, to wake up feeling guilt, shame, illness. Never do I want to be that version of me again.

I like me now, everyday I make it about me first. After 43 years of not though, I deserve to make it about me first.

Now I exercise, running and crossfit. Both my kids now do this with me too. I am down 25 pounds and feel amazing.

I also feel… a lot, and this my friend is the hardest part for me. All the feelings. But learning that this is part of me actually living again. I am lucky to be able to experience the next part of my life being as authentic as I can be.

12 Likes

I just adore your pup! I imagine she is extremely happy to have 232 sober/clean walks with you!

2 Likes

She is much happier having a sober version of me I think sadly dogs love us no matter what, but she just wants to get smell stuff and eat random crap in the forest :sweat_smile::metal:

2 Likes

Never forget, we are built to experience the full range of feelings. Learning to live while feeling your feels, is part of growing as a beautifully unique being.

3 Likes

Thank you for that❤

2 Likes

There are more than 2,000 meetings active worldwide; there’s one just about any time of day. Information here:

https://virtual-na.org/meetings/

Good to see you and have you back! :muscle:t2: :hugs:

1 Like

Fought urges to act out last night. Yet here I am, on day 7 and still fighting those urges. Surrendering is the way to go, just not sure how with other stresses going on

37 Likes

Thank you. It takes a lot of focus and my mind is all over the place. I will save your message for when I have a free moment (my main hope is that I’ll actually feel motivated to put the work in)

1 Like

over 400 days clean and sober…took our fur babies out with us for our date night…:heart::heart:

44 Likes

well I got the rest of the stuff on my bike. New shocks, mirrors and light

23 Likes

21 Likes

Omg your puppies are adorable!

1 Like

Thanks man. I just have some black levers coming and black foot pegs and it will be all set. I’m very happy with the turnout, everything was done right. Something I never would of achieved if I was drinking

3 Likes

Need my love button again. Like just doesn’t cut it here. Feel exactly the same. :purple_heart:

1 Like