Sober Selfies #9 (shirts required please)

At 62 and because of covid my wife is going silver. She has her first hair appointment in over a year today I been cutting it for her. We’re still married :rofl:
She’s pretty excited to not have to bow down to the hair coloring gods anymore.
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

3 Likes

You’ve got a good attitude :+1:

Emmel looks like a cross between Yoda and a Gremlin.

1 Like

Awww thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re my son’s age; excellent job, Desire! :hugs:

1 Like

I usually cut my own hair. There’s only one hairdresser in my village that I would trust. But she’s mostly fully booked. My husband has tried to cut my hair once, but he accidentally cut my eyebrow to. So I do it myself.
Silver is really popular, even young girls does it here.

1 Like

990 days alcohol free

33 Likes

I loved Ronia robber’s daughter (and other Astrid Lindgren stories)!!! I think your pic is awesome.

1 Like

Thank you. I do love Astrid Lindgren too. But I’m not sure I want to look like Ronia :joy:

1 Like

Well, for what it’s worth, you certainly rock to look!! But whatever makes you feel good! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

21 months sober…

36 Likes

7 MONTHS! woop woop Longest I’ve been sober in OVER 25 years!? This is my second attempt at living in recovery. I relapsed, ACTUALLY I took my 7 month chip ALL fucked up my first attempt smh lol ima real one…This one means ALOT to me…k bye lol
One life
One love
LIVE LOVE

42 Likes

Greetings from the Coyote!

39 Likes

Day 435 in the books. Just taking it ODAAT. :pray:t3::muscle:t3::black_heart:

50 Likes

Got dressed up for our first dinner out in 13 months.

We had a reservation.
We had a hostess. A waitress. An oyster shucker.
I had lots of sparkling water with lemon.
It was great to be back out. And frankly worth the wait in some weird sort of way. We did our part.
:pray::heart::rose:
Oh ya. Day 477 :leg:

64 Likes

This made me happy! Who would have ever thought going out to dinner was such a treat. It makes me think about the things we took for granted pre-covid. Glad you had a good time with wifey.

5 Likes

One of my peak experiences was picking up my 10 month chip. In the past, I had one 9 month stint sober after a rehab. The 10 months was the longest I had been sober since I started drinking at age 10. I cried in gratitude at that meeting. :pray:

So I get it, your 7 months is HUGE!

6 Likes

tenor_gif2098068732421700856.gif

2 Likes

Luckily yesterday tangled hair had a solution.
My local hairdresser suggested a haircut. I kindly refused after last year’s crazy shaved pixie I ain’t doing that again. So I did what every girl would have done. I called my aunt who had her own hairdresser salon for years, and have been a teacher on the beauty/ hairdresser academy for years to. She recommended some products and hairmasks and hocus pocus it’s totally different. I might have to add that she gave me a long speech about the stupidity in buying and dying hair the way I did. :joy:
Happy Saturday everyone. Ps. @Dazercat it does look awesome with hot pink.

43 Likes