Sober Selfies #9 (shirts required please)

Continued from Sober Selfies #8 . Keep those sober selfies coming! No topless pics please.

11 Likes

Of course I own a hot pink turtleneck, and I’m happily pairing it with my new favorite jeans. For the right 90s vibes. Today combined with a half up half down hairstyle with a black velvet scrunchie. And a darkbrown silver detail belt, with small silver earrings. Don’t worry I’m not going to wear the cow slipper outside even if they also match. It’s to cold for loafers so I’m bringing out my white sneakers later today.

42 Likes

Hi everyone, not a selfie but more a share. I’ve finally got my ickle hedgehog hotel for the bottom of my garden. Can’t wait to see if I get any visitors. Hope they leave me good reviews on TripAdvisor :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl:

34 Likes

Not a full selfie, but I had to capture the curl! My hair, when long, gets kinky and wavy. However, today I noticed a perfect curl on one side of my head just appeared! :laughing:

35 Likes

My husband gets the same and always wants to show them off to me :wink:

1 Like

Lots of crazy in my world but sobriety is not one of them!

72 Likes

988 days alcohol free. My back aches, I got aches and pains all over and it’s tweaking me out today. Trying to breath

59 Likes

Dude get a psorite I have one it releases tension in your back and in your psoas muscle (its in your abdomine) a lot of back problems come from it being very tight, try to loosen up do some stretches and practice your breathing you got this :pray:

6 Likes

Stretch and strengthen.

Stretch the legs, hips, and low back for relief and maintenance. I incorporate several simple yoga poses that focus on these areas. Child’s pose, cat/cow, cobra, pigeon pose (will be tough if new, but excellent for stretching glutes, hips, etc).

Strengthen core, glutes, quads, and hamstrings to aid in preventing future injury (along with daily or at least regular stretching). A few PT exercises are good for this - dead bugs, bridges, bird dogs. Those are the “big 3”.

@Steve92 this YT routine could possibly help your back, it helps with mine and it’s a relatively short routine. I tack it on to the end of my stretching at night. Obviously check with dr etc if you’ve a disc issue etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-soZvHfUE

11 Likes

Almost at my 300 day milestone.

83 Likes

Thanks for dropping this bud, I’ve been an avid weightlifter for many years but have not dove into stretching apart from downward dog and postworkout stretches

Yoga is something I’ve never made time for but as we get older its so important to take care of your sustainability

6 Likes

Feeling much better these daysđź’ś

55 Likes

It’s gunna be a wonderful day!

47 Likes

Same here with weightlifting and not stretching enough. My wife does that Beachbody stuff and I started doing some of the stretching workouts on there to supplement my lifting…Man does it make a world of difference.

Also… @ProofOfLife congrats on 300 days!!

3 Likes

Proud of you Corin keep up the hard work!!!

2 Likes

Anytime.

I’ve been lifting almost 10 years now, but didn’t start incorporating stretching until after I got hurt!

I do my routine 2x a day (once in the morning before gym, once at night before I ice my back), and definitely notice a difference (and much more likely to get hurt) if I don’t do it at least once in the day. That video is a nice little 6-exercise stretch that I like to add on to the end of it.

4 Likes

85 days ago I was ready for a change!

61 Likes

truckinmonster saying hi :sunglasses::pray: feels good to be sober

51 Likes

only 5 days in, but I’m feeling great. Waiting for a dental appointment.

50 Likes

Got my workout in and my smile is returning. Happy to be feeling myself and made it through sober. 4 months 12 days

56 Likes