Sober Selfies #9 (shirts required please)

Congratulations Clent, :four: years is massive! :facepunch:

1 Like

Day 274
Another day, another hat.
I have to admit that I like the hats better than the caps. The hat doesn’t squeeze my ears. I’ve never understood how to do with the ears when wearing a cap, should they be outside the cap and squeeze the ears out, or inside and squeeze the ears in?

My husband claims that caps doesn’t squeeze the ears, but no matter the size they do for me.

32 Likes

Yeah caps are worn both ways. Mine has to be ears out, it looks so strange when they are in

1 Like

All I can say regarding the proper fit and wear of caps and hats is what I learned in the military: a cap or hat should be fitted to the crown of the head. This is wear it should rest. If it’s down round your ears, it’s too big. The only exception to this is the watchcap/beanie which can cover the ears for warmth.

Also, pie is better than cake.

5 Likes

So that basically means that my head is to small :joy:
My cap is from the kids department, I would drown in an adult one.

2 Likes

For me I think it looks good either way. But it’s not comfortable.

1 Like

You too!

Wow, that’s quite the move!! I’m chuffed for you what an adventure!! Must be a challenging time. I’m moving about 250 meters seriously :sweat_smile: I’ve finally committed and bought a little house round the corner from where I live now. It has a small garden so I can finally get a dog, and an extra bedroom that i’ll use as an office/music room. My collection is all boxed up ready to go. Exciting times but also stressful as hell. Now my job is home working 90% now it forced my hand. No way I can maintain sanity if I stay in this apartment.

So is it a completely fresh start for you? New job aswell?

1 Like

I agree that’s a big move, and really cool.
I kinda did the same when I moved away from
home. Finally we ended up renting house from my parents a 20 mins drive from there house in their neighborvillage. I dream about adventures and moving abroad but at the same time. The only place I know is here. As Luke Bryan sings “Born here, Live here Die here” :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I live in my home town. I was unhappy about it for years. Travelling has been a big part of my life and i never thought i’d end up living here. I resented it to be honest. But sobriety has lightened me up. I’m really lucky to live here, and if I lived in a city it’s not as if i’d be painting the town red.

I do yearn for an adventure tho :airplane:

1 Like

We travel a lot as well, but not as much as I would like to. :blush: I’m lucky enough to have family and extended family in a lot of places all over the globe. And I don’t really mind living here, I love to see all familiar faces in the grocery store, i love that the pizza man or Cafe staff knows my autistic kid so well that they care extra for him. I love the fields, and I probably couldn’t live without the river. Cities makes me stressed, but at the same time, i don’t want this to be all I experienced in life, I don’t want it to be all that my kids get to experience. I need to see something else and explore it for real. :blush:

1 Like

Morning coffee with 1135 days
Giving my first lead @ the memorial day meeting!
Nervous…

31 Likes

I like the significance of the day, you’ll be fine! :blush::+1:

1 Like

Beauty…looks like you have near a years worth of recovery on that skin and hair.
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lol, :wink:
Nearly!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

1028 days alcohol free

37 Likes

Looks like your having a great time. Enjoy yourself.
You’re so worth it Steve.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

@Fnkychic
@mleclaire
@MrsOdh
@LouLou78

The 4 of y’all look so happy and sober and cool.
Keep up the great work. Because you guys make being sober look great!!
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

4 Likes

On my run this morning and thinking. Running is like sobriety- one foot in front of the other, you decide your pace and even when life trips you up you have to pick yourself up and move on. Happy 36th trip around the sun to me

48 Likes

Happiest of birthdays Jennifer. Hope you have an incredible day!

1 Like

33 Likes