Sober selfies

Day 86

17 Likes

You know when Dr. Bob and Bill W. got started the rooms were how those guys stayed sober. You should use those rooms, another alcoholic, or two, along with everything else to stay sober. Iā€™m sure your friends in the rooms would love for you to use them to stay sober. Helping you is what helps them. ā€œAllow the help to help you.ā€
Just my thoughts not trying to offend. I wish you the best brother, may the gift of sober be yours. Itā€™s yours for the taking.

1 Like

Today was an absolutely exhausting day, both physically and emotionally. But, when I have days like today, I try to add in some extra humor just to de-stress. I hope everyone has had a fabulous, sober day. :slight_smile:ļø

23 Likes

I know you are right about this. I donā€™t take any offense to what you said at all brother. In so many different avenues I am wanting to stack up my walls of defense up against my alcoholism. I caused some wreckage to my sober friends in my AA group so I am filled with shame, guilt, remorse. I want to go back into the AA rooms. I want to make amends. During an AA campout out of town I ditched my fellowship crew and embarrassed myself and probably them as well as a traveling unit by getting drunk that sober campout, then returning drunk only to gather up my camping gear and take off without any explanation. So its a shame, guilt, pride, ego thing man. I just want some time to pass and come back 100% sober before I walked back into the rooms. I love AA. I had service commitments and all. Any advice on this? Sorry to post this on sober selfie thread!

5 Likes

Feel better!!!

1 Like

Thank you Rain66! Thanks for saying that. You are right. I will do that. I feel much more clear minded since that happened probably 40 something days ago. That event was my last relapse. Im now a few hours away from 31 days sober.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Another selfie with me in the car.
I actually got a new vehicle 2 weeks ago, and Iā€™m so grateful that my boss is paying for the lease and insurance and gas.
I got the Toyota Highlander 2018
A pretty cool car, even though I wanted to get the Dodge Durangoā€¦
I guess if it is free for me then I will Bok settling with the sexy looking Toyota Highlander.

Iā€™m sober for 32 days

15 Likes

Been under the weather all week selfie. Itā€™s a great night though. I got put on call for work and the people I share this duplex with who drive me insane are moving out next monthā€¦hope I donā€™t get someone worse. What can be worse than some fool who opens my mail? Best news Iā€™ve had all week.

21 Likes

Go Stillers!

3 Likes

Ben-stiller-family-z

8 Likes

lol

17 Likes

Love the shirt!! :heart_eyes:

Itā€™s the last preseason game. But football is also played on Monday night and Thursday night during the regular season.

In this country we have many Gods lol. And the more days football is on the merrier

2 Likes

I canā€™t tell if youā€™re learning to build houses, work on a road crew, or cut down treesā€¦ or is it all of the above? Killer headgear though. Iā€™m a little jealous.

1 Like

Theyā€™re accepting new applicants? Time to bring the leather pants out of storage

4 Likes

This is easy. Maybe not initially for your pride, ego, and shame, but what Iā€™m saying is this. What you described to me is fear, your scared. That my brother is all of us alcoholics. Fear is what stops us from getting sober and staying sober. Before I got sober I was scared of what I would be like if I didnā€™t drink, who I would be to my drinking buddies, my wife, and my little girl if I didnā€™t drink. I was scared. Scared to stop, scared to own the moment, scared to step up and be the sober man that Iā€™m suppose to be. Stop being scared, go to a meeting. Trust and believe they are not looking for you to be bone dry, but are looking for you. These rooms are not a "when you get sober come see us.ā€œThey are come as you are.ā€
Itā€™s like when a person has stopped going to church and says when they get themselves together theyā€™ll start going back. God wants you as you are. He does not require you to get yourself together before you start back going to church and never neither does your AA buddies. They just need you to come.
It takes an alcoholic to get another alcoholic sober. Think how much you may help the next person just by showing up. No one should require an apology. They just want you to show up and once you just do it youā€™ll look back and think what was I afraid of. Sorry this was so long and about the God reference. I try not to reference God, because I donā€™t know who believes or doesnā€™t. I donā€™t want the message to be lost because I referenced God. Brother you got this. Iā€™m definitely proud of you for even being willing to open up about what happen. There is no shame in being a ā€œRetreadā€.

3 Likes

Your words truly help me! I thank you for that. As a matter of factā€¦just recently I received a text message on my phone from an AA friend from my local fellowshipā€¦they encourage me to come back. They said some things that were almost identical to what you just did. Iā€™m planning on walking back in there todayā€¦32 days sober now. That event I described to you was my last drunk around 40 days or so ago. I feel ready now. I will take what you said to heart and thanks again brother for your extra encouraging words!

4 Likes

Not much of a ā€œselfieā€ person, but hereā€™s a contribution to the cause.

The force is strong with this one

17 Likes