Sober selfies

That’s a good start. Our shop uniform is actually a white shirt if you can believe that. Black pants though

Being humble is inherent in the definition of a hero in my book. Many of my heroes are. Thank you @funnydad for having put your ass on the line every day to save others.

4 Likes

I’m thinking its cold up there?? Great pics.

It’s all about me today. Im taking the day to myself. Its a rainy day out so facemask, nail polish, getting back into my artwork, cuddling up with a good book… and good food. :heart_eyes::woman_in_steamy_room::nail_care::art::framed_picture::umbrella::open_book::books::spaghetti::chocolate_bar:
116 days sober :two_hearts::muscle:

30 Likes

I’m in my hotel room blasting through the coffee sachets - First coffee since 6am. It’s shit. There’s a reason why they’re free. They should be called Coffree…that said, my sense of taste is so worn out by now gah.

Tomorrow is my last day here in Canterbury - Up to another city on Sunday evening for 7 days then back down to Canterbury for 7 days.

Never trust a chef without burns, cuts or a few marks on his tunic.

22 Likes

Looking good chef!!!:grin:

Thanks. Feeling pretty wank but it’ll pass.

2 Likes

Understood. You have all my love and respect sir. People like you allow me to live a life of relative safety and peace, and for that I am forever grateful. So, thank you, again.

1 Like

At the gym last night right before relapsing :pensive:.

5 Likes

My husband works as chef too and his arms are filled with burns

2 Likes

I couldn’t stand myself before, especially when I was drinking. I’ve learned to think about myself differently sober. There’s a guy worth caring about in here, and worth making changes to save. You guys helped me see this. Now that I believe so and am doing so, life is improving so rapidly.

39 Likes

New glasses and hat, am I fashion forward or what!

31 Likes

14 Likes

Great post James! So glad you’re finally catching on to how awesome you are! Thanks for shining your light in our direction!

6 Likes

James, this is so heart warning to read and see. You are an absolute delight.

12 Likes

Okay…today I am ready to reveal myself. This is me, almost three weeks sober. Because I look at you Sober-selfie-people and like to see what you look like (is nice to see who I am ‘talking’ to) I thought it was ‘fair’ to sober-selfie-myself! Besides that…I’m not longer ashamed of myself. The opposit! :muscle::grin:

51 Likes

Yayy!!! I LOVE it, great post! :heart: You look wonderful!

2 Likes

Nice to see you, to see you nice!:smile:

1 Like

It’s so nice to see you!!! :hearts::snowflake::bird:

1 Like

You look great, I love to see the people I’m talking to :blush:

1 Like