Sober tattoo

Has anybody got a sober tattoo? What do you think about it?

There are a few threads on this, you can use the search function to find them but I’m always down for a good tattoo thread. I have a recovery tattoo idea but I’m waiting until a certain milestone to even consider it. It would definitely be somewhere private though, so it wont he an exciting show piece :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I started to get a couple once i got sober, the most recent has some meaning behind it regarding my sobriety, but its not just a sober tattoo. Something i always wanted, and the timing of getting it gave it some more meaning. I posted it somewhere here…
I got a surprise opening tomorrow for a half sleeve with absolutely no meaning other than i like how it looks. I was originally going to have to wait til dec to get started, so thats pretty cool. Thankfully i have the money set aside to pay for it!

5 Likes

How long will it take to do a half sleeve?

1 Like

Not exactly sure yet. I made 3 appts when i booked it. He made the 3rd just to be safe. The appt tomorrow is 5 hours.

3 Likes

I’m hitting my three year mark next Friday, I’m considering doing this to celebrate my milestone.

3 Likes

Woah your artist works FAST or you’ve got little arms :wink:

2 Likes

Ohhhh little arms jante we’ll call him. Hey little arms! Why your arms so little? :wink:. Kidding kidding. Just a little playground ball busting

3 Likes

I just finished my sleeve, and it took about 8-10 sessions and $3k. From what people tell me, that was on the cheap side.

1 Like

How long was each session?
Ill put a pic up later tonight. Im only getting the half. I didnt even see the whole thing yet, i just told him what i wanted and he was drawing it up.

1 Like

Each session was 3-5 hrs. Make no mistake it hurts like hell, depending on the area. I think a lot my pain was all the shading. There were times I thought it was never going to end (the session).

1 Like

Yeah, i have a couple and the devil he did on my shoulder hurt quite a bit towards the end of it. I was ready to be done. Its going to be something like this idea. Im not sure on colors yet.

3 Likes

My tattoo artist is a good friend, so my pricing is a bit different if it’s a piece he wants to do. My thigh took at least 20 hours, I’m not sure exactly. During the first session of it I started to go into shock so we broke it into smaller pieces, maybe 4 hours or so at a time.

2 Likes

This devil was $580. Im not sure what hes charging for the arm im getting started today.

5 Likes

Is it the whole length of your thigh? Shit, thats a lot of hours. Im still pretty ignorant to the tattoo thing, just like sobriety. I only have a couple tattoos, and theyre pretty small

2 Likes

So it goes from my hip to a ways above my knee, I’m not looking at it right now but it takes a pretty short skirt to show it :laughing:
It’s a clock exploding into feathers. My tush is the clock, and the feathers are falling down my leg. The meaning behind it is that we never know how long we have to develop relationships with those around us so don’t waste the time we have. There are some very appropriate close ups a ways back on my insta.

4 Likes

Ok, this is 2 hours worth.

1 Like

Daaaamn that is sweet!! And I don’t know what @anon62920945 was talking about your arms aren’t little… :joy:

1 Like

Is that a bicycle crank on the shoulder?

Your artist is a speed demon!! Looking good!